• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why Not Turn In Your Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could, technically I am still in even.... I still have all my kit and ID. :D

But I have a good full time job now, I can't just drop it all unfortunatly.

.... then please turn in kit and let someone else have a go at it.

Well its not up to me.... that would be up to my local CQ to accept the kit from me first.

And lets not redirect this topic please, a troop was injured and that is what this is for.

Cheers

Sappo said:
Well its not up to me.... that would be up to my local CQ to accept the kit from me first.

And lets not redirect this topic please, a troop was injured and that is what this is for.

Cheers

Up to your local CQ to accept it?
WTF?
Hmm - is it an issue that your clothing card is way up in Northern Ontario & you're in big bad Toronto now?
Call your unit, give em the details of where the kit is, what there is of it and they can make the arrangements to get it recovered.

The other alternative is to get released 5(f) and get the Fed Gov't to garnishee your pay some time in the future when you least expect it.

I'm sorry but this kind of stuff drove me nuts when I was with the Seaforths! If you can't be bothered to parade with the unit, turn in your kit and ID and make room for someone who'll actually put the effort in. I was a full-time university student who had to ride the bus for an hour each way to parade nights and I rarely missed a parade or an exercise. I have little to no sympathy for people who take up space on the establishment but don't take their responsibilities seriously.

Sorry to be so harsh but it drove me nuts that our unit was over 100 strong on paper but rarely paraded more than 50 people. No worries as you'll probably be declared NES soon and will be stricken from the roll. I hope that doesn't happen and that you start parading again rather than wistfully dreaming about serving overseas.  :salute:

MG

Just get a grip on things lad and do the right thing, be that turning in your kit, OR starting to show up for parade.

Umm.. ok excuse me for one second.

1. I released under my own will.
2. The kit is actually not in 'big bad toronto' (as if being in toronto has ANYTHING to do with this'
3. I released because I didnt have the time to parade...
4. I have tried numerous times to get ahold of anyone that has the pull to accept my kit, and so far had no luck. Mind you this was just before the summer training began, so I will have to try again now.
5. You should all be less quick to judge in the future.

Being there is shortages in kit, now would be a good time to turn it in.

If you didn't have time to parade, thats, well, thats the way it is.  But you gotta turn the kit in.

I know one fella from our unit who went to Alberta and didn't turn his kit in.  I believe after repeated visits to his former address to try to collect said kit, somehow the cost of it (it was never recovered) was added to his taxes or something like that.

Joe and Jane Taxpayer (that includes me by the way  :)) paid for it, and some troop needs it to get on with the business.

Or reconsider, make the time and add to your unit by putting your kit back ON and doing the business.  :salute:

What a great country we have, and what a PRIVILEGE to serve it eh?  :cdn:

Umm, OK excuse us for a second...

Did you not say:
technically I am still in even.... I still have all my kit and ID.

So if you 'released' as you say, you are not 'technically' still in. In fact you are very much out and should have turned in your kit an ID.

I commend you for releasing once you realized you could no longer contribute but I still have trouble with the fact that you have your kit and ID. I'd be a hell of a lot slower to judge if your story made a little more sense. On the one hand you say you're in but don't parade any more and then you say you've released but haven't been able to turn in your kit.

A little clarity goes a long way in situations like this.

MG

Who'se judging.
Making some suggestions is judging you?...
Some of your statements were not very clear and leads to some speculation.  After my 30+ years of service, I have seen plenty of people who have all had, in their eyes, valid reasons to not turn in kit.... later on to get "dinged" when they were counting on EI, tax refunds or a full pay cheque.

Yes I work in toronto now, Yes it is tough for me to find the time to travel 6 hours roundtrip to pickup the kit from my other residence and then take it to the armoury. I am willing to do it, and as stated have tried numerous times.

This isn't really a public discussion, and I don't know why Geo decided to bring it up at all.

- edit - I see two new comments.

Yes it might have appeared a little confusing, thus is the internet and message boards. I am not pointing the blame at anyone, suffice to say... I got out, the kit was packed up and ready to be returned as per instructions, the method of return didnt work. Thus I still have my kit.

All people are saying is to take responsibility and get it sorted.  No mass condemnation or anything like that.  Just do it.

Ok, topic closed.

This didnt even need to waste any of our time to start with.

Suggestion....
If you call your unit and explain, you might be able to work out they're doing a pick up for you.  Leave an itemized receipt, etc, etc...... it,s been done before.

Might even save yourself a trip..... but then you don't get to see Mum :(

But its not an issue with just contacting the unit, the contact has been made many times now... I have zero problem with making the trip to return it.

Tell you what, I'm on leave right now. Perhaps BBJ, geo and I can swing by your place later this week and solve this problem for you. Do you need anything from the grocery store while we're out?  ::)

MG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back