• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Workup Training

sharp_85

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know, or even have an idea of when the workup training for Task Force 1-11 will be starting up? I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to make it onto 1-11 or not.

I would suggest that you go through your CoC for the most accurate information. Names of those who are interested have already been submitted through the CoC.

TF 1-11 is a changing target, and until things are finally decided the Workup and Tour dates are still up in the Air.

Be prepared Workup to start somewhere between Sept - Dec 2010 and Tour somewhere between May-Jul 2011 to Dec 2011.

charlesm said:
I would suggest that you go through your CoC for the most accurate information. Names of those who are interested have already been submitted through the CoC.

This week we were told our CoC knows nothing as of yet, and they won't be taking names for a while.

charlesm said:
I would suggest that you go through your CoC for the most accurate information.

And that's precisely where I got it.

sharp_85 said:
Does anyone out there know, or even have an idea of when the workup training for Task Force 1-11 will be starting up?

Yeah... probably about 6 months too early... Workup is the longest process human kind could have ever invented....

snoman317 said:
This week we were told our CoC knows nothing as of yet, and they won't be taking names for a while.

Bizarre, we had names taken a couple weeks back. Is there not a CF wide call for volunteers for the missions? Do they only draw volunteers from certain units at certain times?

I canvased my Pl last week for names, whether this was just a staff check for planning purposes or something else that remains to be seen.

Did any other CBG's or units also miss out on the short notice deployment that came out around Nov11th? They were looking for a number of troops Sgt-Pte, 11 days work up, embarkation leave and then a three  month tour. Didn't filter down in time before all the positions were snapped up.

I know it's still early to start asking but I thought that I'd give it a try. Thanks for the information.

noneck said:
I canvased my Pl last week for names, whether this was just a staff check for planning purposes or something else that remains to be seen.

Did any other CBG's or units also miss out on the short notice deployment that came out around Nov11th? They were looking for a number of troops Sgt-Pte, 11 days work up, embarkation leave and then a three  month tour. Didn't filter down in time before all the positions were snapped up.

Sounds like they where looking for people for a TAV to me.........

Back