• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Or it may well the Government may testing the waters so to speak .
Senior officers in this day and age do offer up anything that would be in opposition to Government policy. That goes doubly or more for the CDS.
Defence policy is completely alien to Canadian politicians of all stripes and even more so for the Prime Minister's faction of Liberal party. They are very unsure of their footing and very nervous and cautious to a fault.
Like the Premier of NS asking for a 1000 troops to help with the clean up.

"No problem sir, lets fire up that 3D Printer!"

CDS would not engage in that sort of public discussion without GoC approval.
I would not been surprised if there had been a political staffer from the PMO.in the room.
Which is how the Government has worked irregardless of political party for at least the last thirty years.

CBC Radio's the current is having a talk about the role of the CAF. Should be "interesting".

CDS would not engage in that sort of public discussion without GoC approval.
Unless he wanted to fall on his own sword, though with how little public engagement there is, he would be a hero to the troops, but forgotten after they read the story on page 6 of the paper.

CBC Radio's the current is having a talk about the role of the CAF. Should be "interesting".

I can guess...

Animated GIF

It was pretty good. The host Matt Galloway was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you when David Bercuson said the military was for killing people and breaking things. After that, the three guests had very good analysis of what the military is for and what it can deliver in both War and Peace. There were no morons on the panel.

There was only one mention of our leadership issues.
Listen to the podcast, the link is above.

It was pretty good. The host Matt Galloway was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you when David Bercuson said the military was for killing people and breaking things. After that, the three guests had very good analysis of what the military is for and what it can deliver in both War and Peace. There were no morons on the panel.

There was only one mention of our leadership issues.
Listen to the podcast, the link is above.

I am fully onside with your assessment. Pretty good little 22mins.

Or it may well the Government may testing the waters so to speak .
Senior officers in this day and age do offer up anything that would be in opposition to Government policy. That goes doubly or more for the CDS.
Defence policy is completely alien to Canadian politicians of all stripes and even more so for the Prime Minister's faction of Liberal party. They are very unsure of their footing and very nervous and cautious to a fault.
That’s a good indicator that at the very least, they know their unicorn message isn’t for everyone.

If one had any sense of self reflection and/or a desire for constant improvement of self - to say to that self ‘maybe this is an area we really need to learn more about & focus on understanding the space better.’

When you have to tread lightly because after all this time, they still can’t figure out that at least part of the problem might actually be them… it just makes me think of Picard facepalming himself in annoyance

That’s a good indicator that at the very least, they know their unicorn message isn’t for everyone.

If one had any sense of self reflection and/or a desire for constant improvement of self - to say to that self ‘maybe this is an area we really need to learn more about & focus on understanding the space better.’

When you have to tread lightly because after all this time, they still can’t figure out that at least part of the problem might actually be them… it just makes me think of Picard facepalming himself in annoyance
Yeah but............Defence is one of the last priorities that Canadians prize. If I was a politician, I would read the tea leaves, and act accordingly

Yeah but............Defence is one of the last priorities that Canadians prize. If I was a politician, I would read the tea leaves, and act accordingly
It’s not likely something that will get them elected one way or another that’s for sure. I don’t even vote with defence in mind anymore. Until one side gets serious i certainly won’t lend any credence to any side making empty promises.

Back