• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

‘White nationalism’ a threat the Canadian Armed Forces aren’t equipped for: watchdog

Out of the loop here - did the RCN do it or did Cpl News Network? And where did the RCN do it?
On their Facebook page. The RCN did it. It was removed

The meme one is where they photoshopped the PMs Blackface photos on to it

Do you mean the PM dressing up as Aladdin, shoving a banana down his pants and making monkey noises? Or someone in the Navy dicking around with the photoshopped picture?
The RCN photoshopping. Stupid.

The picture was done by a media company “Spruce”. The company did this last year during the virtual Navy Bike Ride. RCN PA immediately flagged and deleted the post from social media, but RCN PA did not permanently deleted the photo from their archive 🤨 So when RCN PA started to promote the NBR this year they used the stock photos and the photoshopped one got through. The contracted media company did the initial photoshop (they should have been immediately fired IMO) but RCN PA failed by not purging the photo from their archives immediately.

The picture was done by a media company “Spruce”. The company did this last year during the virtual Navy Bike Ride. RCN PA immediately flagged and deleted the post from social media, but RCN PA did not permanently deleted the photo from their archive 🤨 So when RCN PA started to promote the NBR this year they used the stock photos and the photoshopped one got through. The contracted media company did the initial photoshop (they should have been immediately fired IMO) but RCN PA failed by not purging the photo from their archives immediately.
Sigh, how can a media company make such a grade 5 mistake?

Sigh, how can a media company make such a grade 5 mistake?
who knows idk GIF by Wentworth

Attachments

• 20090610diversity_horizontal.jpg
    20090610diversity_horizontal.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
Wait, that was real ? We did that ?

FFS. Fire the some'bitch who published that. You absolutely cannot F up slow rolling grounders like that.
No, "WE" (RCN) DID NOT DO THIS. It was a media company that did the photoshopping and posting last year. RCN PA flagged and removed the post but where they screwed up was not deleting the photo from the archives. So it popped up again when they pushed the 2023 NBR. I have it confirmed that our photo archives have been scrubbed of that photo in particular.

I also got this on good authority that PA does not do any photoshopping.
If my information is correct, Public Affairs is actually prohibited from photoshopping or otherwise altering the content of a photo, except to do basic things like tweek the colour and contrast levels.

No, "WE" (RCN) DID NOT DO THIS. It was a media company that did the photoshopping and posting last year. RCN PA flagged and removed the post but where they screwed up was not deleting the photo from the archives. So it popped up again when they pushed the 2023 NBR. I have it confirmed that our photo archives have been scrubbed of that photo in particular.
It can be incompetence if you’re more comfortable with that.

So. The RCN did publish it recently. That = the RCN did it, no?

🤷🏻‍♂️

I was taught that you can’t delegate responsibility so yes in my opinion the RCN still owns the responsibility for it.
Additionally people and organizations don’t operate in a vacuum, did the media company feel any pressure etc. from the RCN to ensure a specific level of diversity or was it just a general societal pressure.
Perhaps it was just an effort to support the RCNs and CAFs diversity objectives and narrative that saw truth modified in favour of narrative.

In any respect it’s not a good look for the organization.

Back