• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

They never made an absolute claim. What they wrote amounted to saying "it looked like it might be". It was delightfully elegant: inject disinformation into an election by pretending to fight disinformation.

It was written that way on purpose. It allowed them to squash the story, gave Biden an out during the debate and they knew the conclusion people and the media would, wrongly, draw from it. A double edged sword because those same naive people will not go back and reread the letter. All they will be thinking is that those 51 people lied to them. Nuances be damned.

I don't think weasel words will save their security clearances, if Trump wins, and they will eventually be hoist with one's own petard.

Reactions: QV
Biden was pretty well open and shut. The federal crimes were there and defined. The evidence was clear and indisputable. The jury findings could not be otherwise and stand scrutiny. Now we wait and see for the conviction and sentence. I'm sure the appeal will dead end in short order.

Little or no semblance the New York trial.
What's also clear is that the bureaucrat types will jump on this to say "SEE? SEE? The judicial system is perfect! You can't say it's rigged to favour Dems now!".

When we all know the DNC doesn't give a rat's ass about Hunter Biden.

Show me someone actually important like Pelosi prosecuted for insider trading, then I might be convinced.

Meanwhile, the witch hunt continues. Kids are being imprisoned for - checks notes - riding scooters on colourful pavement. DNC trolls can burn cities, deface monuments, lob things at park rangers - nothing. Trump supporters enter a building after being invited in by LEOs - 3 years imprisonment.

What's also clear is that the bureaucrat types will jump on this to say "SEE? SEE? The judicial system is perfect! You can't say it's rigged to favour Dems now!".
The issue is that the Maga class did that to themselves by claiming a double standard with the constant “what about Hunter Biden?” every time trump ended up in legal jeopardy.

Show me someone actually important like Pelosi prosecuted for insider trading, then I might be convinced.
If charges are to be laid and pursued they should. Most of congress is guilty of that so I doubt that would ever see the light of day.
Meanwhile, the witch hunt continues. Kids are being imprisoned for - checks notes - riding scooters on colourful pavement. DNC trolls can burn cities, deface monuments, lob things at park rangers - nothing. Trump supporters enter a building after being invited in by LEOs - 3 years imprisonment.
You literally just proved everything I said about “whataboutism” with that para.

Old article but it makes the point:

Trump supporters enter a building after being invited in by LEOs - 3 years imprisonment.
That’a a hilariously dishonest characterization of the >1000 criminal prosecutions, and the hundreds of convictions that have already happened, many for violence and some as serious as sedition.

But do go on and tell us how those who tried to obstruct the peaceful transition of power in a democracy are victims. :rolleyes:

Also, if you’re going to bring up the “riding scooters on colourful pavement” thing, at least bring up the entire context behind it - intentionally making skid marks on it (which is fairly minor), and the slight detail that it was also lit on fire in May.

Also, if you’re going to bring up the “riding scooters on colourful pavement” thing, at least bring up the entire context behind it - intentionally making skid marks on it (which is fairly minor), and the slight detail that it was also lit on fire in May.

There is a glaring logical flaw with both of your replies, can you identify it?

The issue is that the Maga class did that to themselves by claiming a double standard with the constant “what about Hunter Biden?” every time trump ended up in legal jeopardy.

If charges are to be laid and pursued they should. Most of congress is guilty of that so I doubt that would ever see the light of day.

You literally just proved everything I said about “whataboutism” with that para.

Old article but it makes the point:

Certainly an interesting account.

However, passages like this:
Meanwhile, in Utah this month, a federal judge sentenced 25-year-old Lateesha Richards to nearly two years in prison for tossing a pair of basketball shorts onto an overturned, burning patrol car and hurling a baseball bat toward police officers during a May 2020 protest in Salt Lake City. There’s no evidence that the bat struck anybody.
A shit sandwich of deflection, point towards a flagrant editorial slant.

Thus, it's difficult to draw conclusions from an article that lists only a fraction of cases, without relying on any sort of empirical evidence.

Both sides can be accused of cherry-picking of course.

They never made an absolute claim. What they wrote amounted to saying "it looked like it might be". It was delightfully elegant: inject disinformation into an election by pretending to fight disinformation.

It's certainly easy enough to see how some could come to the conclusion on jailed Jan 6ers.

Especially when you view actual video of Capitol police holding doors open. Standing by smiling and nodding, while a group goes by looking like a guided tour. Or pictures of them leading the shaman around and taking him where he wanted to go. Or guards standing at entrances waving people in. Just a few of the things the J6 Committee tried to keep suppressed.

Some could draw the conclusion that things were not quite as described by Pelosi, et al and the MSM.

Yup, good summary of the situation … just about anywhere.
Speaking of chicken, Joe was a free range one judging by his wandering in Italy today at the jump demonstration where he had to be brought back to the coop by PM Meloni.
Chicken Pants GIF

Back