• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Ready to hear the theories on this one lol.
The article mentions Trump associates Navarro and Bannon were not afforded such lenience but fails to explain why.

He's looking straight, not down at the guy in front of him, who also is not looking back at Biden at all.

Not sure what that's supposed to prove.
If you actually read the CNN article I originally posted you'd have noted:
In the full, unedited video, Biden – who was standing with the group of leaders as a parachutist carrying a G7 banner landed in front of them – briefly turned away to give a thumbs-up to several parachutists who had landed behind the group, along with a parachute rigger who was kneeling on the ground to pack up one of the skydiver’s chutes and the French flag.
He was looking at the several parachutists beyond the rigger.

I'm not a Biden fan by any means but FFS making up crap about Biden (or any other politician - including Trump) to suggest something that simply didn't happen simply feeds the sad trend of sheeple that blindly follow a leader without questioning what they see or accepting that there is the possibility of anything possibly redeeming in their opponent(s).

The article mentions Trump associates Navarro and Bannon were not afforded such lenience but fails to explain why.

Because neither of them actually had a valid claim of executive privilege. Proximity to Trump at some point in time does not extend a claim of privilege to actions in the future (Bannon’s case), and the prosecution correctly assessed that Navarro had no valid privilege claim, which the court agreed with.

The fact pattern is very different from that of criminal investigative materials both generated and requested while the subject, the current president, remains in office.

In other news, looks like Alex Jones and Infowars now have a little over $1B in damage payouts for lying about the Sandy Hook massacre.

Like one of the lawyers said, 'Speech is free, but lies are expensive'.
Bumped with the latest ....

In the important news the Pistol Brace Law was squashed as was the Bump Stock Ban that President Trump had enacted.

Frankly I think bump stocks are stupid, and I’d argue by letter of the law that they should be classified as a machine gun because they induce the bump against the finger under recoil - this meeting the requirement to fire more than one round per individual pull of the trigger - as the recoil against the finger is resetting and allowing it to fire again - not human change in finger position or movement.

But hey not one from the ATF or DoJ asked me to be an expert witness - so whatever.

If you actually read the CNN article I originally posted you'd have noted:

He was looking at the several parachutists beyond the rigger.

I'm not a Biden fan by any means but FFS making up crap about Biden (or any other politician - including Trump) to suggest something that simply didn't happen simply feeds the sad trend of sheeple that blindly follow a leader without questioning what they see or accepting that there is the possibility of anything possibly redeeming in their opponent(s).
That's what the article claims, without evidence.

I've seen enough "article claims" in my life to know not to rely on those.

Last edited:
That's what the article claims.

I've seen enough "article claims" in my life to know not to rely on those.
I doubt anything anyone would demonstrate or show would change your view on that incident. Out of curiosity what exactly are you relying on?

Because neither of them actually had a valid claim of executive privilege. Proximity to Trump at some point in time does not extend a claim of privilege to actions in the future (Bannon’s case), and the prosecution correctly assessed that Navarro had no valid privilege claim, which the court agreed with.

The fact pattern is very different from that of criminal investigative materials both generated and requested while the subject, the current president, remains in office.
That's a dishonest characterization of Bannon's executive role.

He was the White House chief strategist.

But I can see the distinction between "while in office" and "not while in office", certainly.

Congress doesn't need the audio unless the transcripts aren't a legitimate representation. The amusing argument is whether keeping the audio out of Republican hands merits "executive privilege", since the information has already been exposed.

In the important news the Pistol Brace Law was squashed as was the Bump Stock Ban that President Trump had enacted.

Frankly I think bump stocks are stupid, and I’d argue by letter of the law that they should be classified as a machine gun because they induce the bump against the finger under recoil - this meeting the requirement to fire more than one round per individual pull of the trigger - as the recoil against the finger is resetting and allowing it to fire again - not human change in finger position or movement.

But hey not one from the ATF or DoJ asked me to be an expert witness - so whatever.
Still the correct outcome. If the 2A doesn't protect the right to own military-grade personal arms - which includes automatics - it isn't meeting its chief purpose.

That's a dishonest characterization of Bannon's executive role.

He was the White House chief strategist.

But I can see the distinction between "while in office" and "not while in office", certainly.
No, it’s an accurate characterization in the context of what we’re talking about- his criminal conviction for contempt of Congress.

Bannon was indeed the White House chief strategist- in 2017. He left the administration after that.

He was criminally convicted for defying a congressional subpoena for the committee investigating January 6th. That subpoena was seeking his testimony as a private citizen - functioning, essentially, as a propagandist and instigator - and not for anything related to his White House role years prior. He therefore had no valid executive privilege claim.

Since I was not describing Bannon’s former and unrelated executive role, but rather his legal situation in circumstances that came about as a private citizen, my description was both accurate and honest. Facts matter, and so does context.

No, it’s an accurate characterization in the context of what we’re talking about- his criminal conviction for contempt of Congress.

Bannon was indeed the White House chief strategist- in 2017. He left the administration after that.

He was criminally convicted for defying a congressional subpoena for the committee investigating January 6th. That subpoena was seeking his testimony as a private citizen - functioning, essentially, as a propagandist and instigator - and not for anything related to his White House role years prior. He therefore had no valid executive privilege claim.

Since I was not describing Bannon’s former and unrelated executive role, but rather his legal situation in circumstances that came about as a private citizen, my description was both accurate and honest. Facts matter, and so does context.
I see your rationale now.

Was not at all clear in your initial comment, which seemed to imply that Bannon was never more than just a vague friend of Trump's.

I see your rationale now.

Was not at all clear in your initial comment, which seemed to imply that Bannon was never more than just a vague friend of Trump's.
My initial comment clearly distinguished that two very different points in time were in play. I assumed since you brought it up that you knew more about it; sorry I inadvertently left a gap there as a result.

Still the correct outcome. If the 2A doesn't protect the right to own military-grade personal arms - which includes automatics - it isn't meeting its chief purpose.
Shoulder fired automatic weapons are a fucking waste. Need real belt feds of you want automatic weapons

My initial comment clearly distinguished that two very different points in time were in play. I assumed since you brought it up that you knew more about it; sorry I inadvertently left a gap there as a result.
To be clear, those two points in time being Jan 6th, then the subpoena date?

What I find funny about the Biden kerfuffle is how much the left is losing their minds about it. They lie and manufacture shit about Trump and the right, 24/7 and this one comical case for Biden sets their hair on fire.🤣

Back