• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Account and Application Questions

guitargod1227

Inactive
Reaction score
2 Questions. 1. I got an email after applying and I called to set up a meeting, was told I would get a call. Few days later my account is disabled. I applied a few years ago but didn't get any farther than applying. What is going on there? 2. Will they compare my old application with my new one? I can't remember what I had listed for jobs on there and the 2 might now match. Thanks.

At this point, you're finished with the GC Key for your Online Application.  Going forward, you'll need to work with your Recruitment Centre for all further application questions.  They'll let you know if there are any issues or mix ups with your Application.  It's normal for them to disabled your GC Key when they receive your application.

Thanks, greatly appreciated. Anyone know about having a previous application? It is from 2 years ago, will they look that over with my new application? How will the old one affect the process? Thanks.

The same exact thing happened to me.  I originally sent in a application in March, 2012.  I found a new job and thought I'd wait a bit before going through with the rest of the process (back when they required to mail in your birth certification and such).  Feb of 2014, I decided to go through with it and created a new GC Key and filled out a new application.  When my GC key was disabled, I called the Recruitment Centre.

They saw my original application.  They confirmed the jobs that I wanted.  Since the jobs on both applications were slightly different, they confirmed which jobs I wanted before booking my Aptitude Test.

Do they still look at your old application for things like job experience, where you live etc...? Because I screwed up the first time and my work history from my new application won't match my old.

They'll most likely be going by your original.  The only difference between my old and new one was my job selection.  For you, definitely call your local Recruitment Centre to confirm any changes, because they probably have your old one and using that.  They weren't even able to see the new one that I sent...

guitargod1227 said:
Thanks, greatly appreciated. Anyone know about having a previous application? It is from 2 years ago, will they look that over with my new application? How will the old one affect the process? Thanks.

Your new online application will override the first one.  They will use the second application to "update" your records and then go from there.  They will have access to your previous application but it won't be used and most likely only be given a cursory look.

Back