• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual issue of T4s

DAA said:
So, word has it, that the T-4's went into the mail Tuesday night and electronic versions "should" be available on EMAA by Thursday.

I thought the whole point was to save money by not mailing them out?  :facepalm:

PuckChaser said:
I thought the whole point was to save money by not mailing them out?  :facepalm:

Personnel have the option of choice their method of delivery.  You can change these settings in EMAA under "Delivery Options".  Electronic or Papercopy.

Either way, I believe everyone will still receive an "electronic" version.

My T4 is on EMMA today, and sitting in my pocket now. I like the electronic system, but it shouldn't take 3+ weeks longer than when we used to recieve then in the mail.

As long as the CAF runs two custom applications for pay, built on app frameworks that are poorly supported, there will be delays.

Once we migrate to a commerical payroll software package we'll see improved turnaround times.

I guess I would've lost the pool.

Did anyone else notice they came out at 1445? I was surprised it wasn't after hours. Thanks to the T 4 staff.

Anyone in the know please confirm if the T4's will be sent out with the electronic pay statements?  I get everything in soft copy from EMAA - I just don't know if they will email me my T4 too.  I want to save a 1 hour drive just to print a piece of paper.

Zoomie said:
Anyone in the know please confirm if the T4's will be sent out with the electronic pay statements?  I get everything in soft copy from EMAA - I just don't know if they will email me my T4 too.  I want to save a 1 hour drive just to print a piece of paper.

You will only receive a papercopy if you selected that option on the EMAA website.  If you have the electronic versions, then those are suitable for filing with your Tax return.

I'm not sure if the T-4's will be automatically sent but if they are, same as pay statements, they will only go to "@forces.gc.ca" email accounts.

Zoomie said:

AFAIK T4s are posted to EMAA, but not emailed out.

My pay statements go to gmail - I'll give it until next week and then I'll drive in.

If you sign up with CRA's My Account, which takes a few weeks, unfortunately, your T4 data will show up there but won't (AFAIK) allow you to print out an official statement. Works for electronic returns, though.

Ralph said:
If you sign up with CRA's My Account, which takes a few weeks, unfortunately, your T4 data will show up there but won't (AFAIK) allow you to print out an official statement. Works for electronic returns, though.

Pretty sure I've printed T4's from there before. I'll have to check as I've not rec'd my last T4 from the military yet and I can no longer, as a retiree, access EMMA.

Yes, they also have my current address before anyone asks ;)

You could always take a screen shot and print that. Copies of documents (T4s) are not required if you file electronically. Just make sure you eventually get them in case you ever get audited and have to produce them.

That's interesting to know. I have used CRA my account for awhile but never knew about the T4 feature. However I'm curious if the T4s are just generated automatically from your last pay statement or if there is manual data entry at any point? I noticed the amounts on the electronic t4 for employment income, taxable allowances, and income tax deducted varies anywhere from $2-5 difference from the same info on the end-Dec pay statement. No big deal and probably would make no difference tax wise. Just something I noticed and could not account for the shortfall on any of the 2013 statements.

I got my T4 off of EMAA (and already filed my taxes) and received one in the mail today (same one). 

Same thing, and I have my settings set to receive  electronically.

2014 T4's are now available in EMAA.

If you don't have access to EMAA, see CANFORGEN 03/15 for assistance.

Just a question. For recently released members will the T4 just be mailed out or do I need to contact DMCA 4 or NDHQ/DMPAP Pay Services?

DAA said:
2014 T4's are now available in EMAA.

If you don't have access to EMAA, see CANFORGEN 03/15 for assistance.

Mind posting the CANFORGEN on here?  Us OUTCAN folks (ok, I) don't have access to EMAA or DWAN, as you'd expect.

CANFORGEN 003/15 CMP 002/15 061521Z JAN 15
DISTRIBUTION OF 2014 TAX YEAR T4/R1 FORMS

http://vcds.dwan.dnd.ca/vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/2015/003-15_e.asp

UNCLASSIFIED
REF: CANFORGEN 175/13 211237Z OCT 13
1.  THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO DETAIL CHANGES TO THE DISTRIBUTION OF 2014 TAX YEAR T4/R1 TAX SLIPS FOR THE MAJORITY OF CANADIAN ARMED FORCES (CAF) PERSONNEL.
2.  FOR TAX YEAR 2014, DND HAS BEEN ADMITTED TO A CRA PILOT PROJECT TO DISTRIBUTE T4/R1 TAX SLIPS ELECTRONICALLY. PARTICIPATION IN THE CRA PILOT PROJECT WILL FURTHER CONTRIBUTE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA S GREEN INITIATIVES AS WELL AS THE REDUCTION OF MND CORPORATE COSTS. ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION OF T4/R1 TAX SLIPS WILL BECOME THE STANDARD METHOD OF DISTRIBUTING 2014 TAX SLIPS FOR THE MAJORITY OF CAF MEMBERS
3.  MEMBERS LOGGING ON TO THEIR EMPLOYEE MEMBER ACCESS APPLICATION (EMAA) ACCOUNT/INCOME STATEMENT/DELIVERY OPTIONS SUB PAGE WILL BE OFFERED THREE CHOICES:
A.  AGREE TO RECEIVE THEIR T4/R1 BY E-MAIL ONLY. MEMBERS SELECTING THIS OPTION SHOULD VERIFY THE E-MAIL ADDRESS CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN EMAA REMAINS VALID
B.  AGREE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THEIR OFFICIAL T4/R1 FROM EMAA
C.  REQUEST RECEIPT OF THEIR OFFICIAL T4/R1 ON PAPER BY MAIL BASED ON THE ADDRESS INFORMATION IN THE PAY SYSTEM
4.  MEMBERS ELECTING NOT TO SELECT ANY OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS WILL HAVE THEIR OFFICIAL T4/R1 TAX SLIPS POSTED TO EMAA AS THE DEFAULT OPTION. PAPER TAX SLIPS WILL NOT REPEAT NOT BE DISTRIBUTED BY MAIL UNLESS SPECIFCALLY REQUESTED THROUGH EMAA OR THROUGH THE MEMBER S SUPPORTING PAY OFFICE (WHERE ACCESS TO EMAA IS NOT POSSIBLE, SEE PARA 7 BELOW)
5.  MEMBERS WHO DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE AN EMAA ACCOUNT BUT HAVE ACCESS TO THE DWAN CAN LOG ONTO HTTP://IMG-DCB- AEMAA01.FORCES.MIL.CA/ENGRAPH/LOGIN(UNDERSCORE)E.ASP AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS TO ESTABLISH AN EMAA ACCOUNT
6.  MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO DO NOT HAVE AN EMAA ACCOUNT NOR REGULAR ACCESS TO THE DWAN AND NEED TO SET UP AN EMAA ACCOUNT ARE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION CENTRE (HRIC) IN OTTAWA AT 613-996- 3333 (SELECT OPTION 1) OR THEIR OFFICES OUTSIDE OTTAWA AT 1-888-507- 1111 (SELECT OPTION 1). MEMBERS WITH CONCERNS REGARDING CREATION OF AN EMAA ACCOUNT SHOULD ALSO CONTACT HRIC
7.  THOSE MEMBERS FOR WHOM ACCESS TO OR CREATION OF AN EMAA ACCOUNT IS NOT PRACTICABLE MAY REQUEST DISTRIBUTION OF THEIR 2014 T4/R1 TAX SLIPS BY REQUESTING A MAILED COPY OF THEIR TAX SLIP THROUGH THEIR SUPPORTING PAY OFFICE, WHO WILL THEN CONTACT THE DMPAP MIL PAY OPS HELPDESK
8.  ALL SUPERVISORS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ENSURE THAT THIS INFO IS PASSED TO ALL MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE REGULAR ACCESS TO THE DWAN. ALL UNITS ARE REQUESTED TO GIVE THIS MESSAGE THE WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION WHICH INCLUDES PUBLICATION IN ROUTINE ORDERS.

EMAA promised she would email me my T4 when it comes available - she better not be slacking at her job.

I didn't get an email, but my T4 was waiting for me a few weeks ago.

Back