• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another example of the CF screwing you

J

jmackenzie_15

No doubt this has happened to many others in the past...... ever rely on a paycheck at the end of the month to be able to pay your bills but the clerks or whover F something up, and you end up not getting paid untill at least a month later. I love it when that happens.

Felt the need to vent, im awfully pissed.I guess now ill go pull some money off of the trees to cover my 500 dollar oil bill, after all, its only winter time.

:threat:

Never quite had that happen but they always do seem to take deductions at the worst possible time, eg: right after Christmas

A guy on our BMQ didnt see a cent until we were on our DP1 and he recieved a cheque. I believe it was in part his fault for now hassling the pay clerk, but nonetheless...it isnt really his job.

I knew a guy who went 12 weeks before being paid (All the way through QL2, leave and into QL3)

Arguing pay in the NSH will get you nowhere, been there, done it, banged head on wall and wished it was someone else's.

I'm going to send a letter up the chain of command to somebody demanding the damn clerks do their _____ job or im switching units.The end.What are they going to do, fire me so i'll be forced to get a job that PAYS you?

When i got my pay last month, i should have gotten $150 instead i got $30 because of "mess dues".    Now thats a fucking rip off.  

Hell 2 full days for $30... might as well work for free

hey guys...
i had an occasion once where they took approx $600 off a single pay cheque...at least for Reg Force guys, a quick visit to the OR should get things sorted out...I had a cheque cut to me within 48 hours and then had the $$ deducted @ $50/pay till recovered.....

Heed my advice jmackenzie_15, be careful...

well scott, i WOULD go reg force, but that that would take administration, and I dont think ill be ready to trasnfer to the regs by the time im 50, so im not going to bother.
*Nukes truro offices*

When I joined the Reserves in 1970 we got paid twice a year.  What are you all complaining about?

GW

in 1970 you could go to the theatre get a bag of pop corn a chocholate bar for a quarter.

again, i'm not an expert re:Reservists, however.......if a pay issue (deduction, error) is causing you financial hardship (legitimate hardship vs lack of pocket $$), address this with your CoC....any officer worth his salt will "lead the charge" to fight the bureaucracy and ensure the welfare of his/her troops!!!

I guess you arent an expert on reservists, because that has never/will never happen.Our CO would simply tell us "the clerks do the best they can" and to "tough it out".

Yeah, tough it out Mr.Hardcore Captain CO, who on the winter warfare weekend just passed, slept in his parents house while we were camping in the arctic tents.

mackenzie, quit your whining.  Most reserve units stand down in early December and only start parading again in early January.  Guess what?  Pay doesn't get processed in that period.  I was expecting 400 bucks this pay but got 55.  I am still owed for parade dates in early January.  C'est la vie.

The Militia is a hobby for some, part time job for most.  If you're relying on it as a regular source of income, then you are screwing yourself, don't blame the Army.

Have you got it off your chest Yet?  Don't worry about the heat.....your room must be pretty hot right now......If you keep that attitude up much longer your officers, your Snr NCO's, your Clerks and probably a lot of your friends will tell you where to go and you really won't like that much more.

Grab a cool one and step back from the keyboard.

GW

Do not argue with clerks, not only is their job a tedious one, but they have eery powers.
I got in an argument with one today over my release..heed my example.
2 days ago, they told me it would all be sorted out by today.I was hassled by a clerk today, she was dead serious too: "Couldn't hack it eh?"  (thinking, pfft. I'm about to be released, do I really need to take this?)..message on the phone when I get home:"Looks like your release is going to take a bit longer, we need to do some more paperwork, sorry about the mixup.
Not whining in the slightest, as I said it's my release so they can take as long as they want.
Meant as a humoros anecdote.

As Michael points out, in many cases it's systemic not individual so before we lose it here, eveeeryone take a step back.
It's tempting to blame the person who's right infront of you (A LA angry customer at mcdonalds) but it's rarely their fault.

*Che skitters off into the shadows*

if this is the attitude of the Reverse Officers you deal with, and the behavior you describe of your OC is as stated, i apologize, as an officer, for your being  :("led" :( in this fashion........

if the welfare of troops isnt a consideration for officers in the Reserve, i can understand some of the "frustration" i've picked up on over viewing these boards for a while....

hang in.....

Overall I'd say the thing that pisses me off most about dealing with clerks, is that many NOT ALL, make it seem like they're doing you a favor, by doing their jobs. There was one guy who used to tell me I was lucky I was getting anything.........

If they didn't have those eerie powers, I'd have reacted in a less than gentlemanly fashion...........

I can agree with that HH.... one guy tried forever to get into regs , excellent soldier, eventually he quit entirely to be a cop..... after almost 3 and a half years of waiting and multiple screw jobs... the clerks all seemed like they were helping him out if they had time or something, like, its your job in the first place to do this.Taking anything less than a "I'll get right on this immediately" approach, is unnacceptable.What would happen if i told my section commander that "I GUESS I could do a section attack on those guys, that is if i have time when im done of my coffee, but remember who did it for you."

Back