• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

April 27th BMOQ

Logged a 5k run today in 23:53 right after a long core workout. Feeling good and ready to go!

seawolf said:
well - i have my truck - So I'll be in Montreal by the time someone walks to the bus station :)

Could jog perhaps? Make it an extra round of PT there and back! How far is the bus depot anyway? Thought I read somewhere its only a 20 minute walk.

I walked it more then once.
it was always about 35-45mins away WALKING with a pack, maybe shorter if you want.
10mins cab ride

As per Google maps it says it's about 4kms walking to the terminal and about 45mins their estimate.

Just received a call from my file manager. I guess there is some truth in a delay. Was told that our course will be delayed a few weeks for a reason that I wasn't told. But since it is so close to the start we are still arriving on the 27th but will just be hangin out waiting for the start date and still getting paid etc.

Sounds like we may be getting merged with the RMC BMOQ is what my file manager is thinking combined with a lack of instructors?

Mike

mike1788 said:
Just received a call from my file manager. I guess there is some truth in a delay. Was told that our course will be delayed a few weeks for a reason that I wasn't told. But since it is so close to the start we are still arriving on the 27th but will just be hangin out waiting for the start date and still getting paid etc.

Sounds like we may be getting merged with the RMC BMOQ is what my file manager is thinking combined with a lack of instructors?

Mike

Ok good to hear - I figured there was some kind of delay because my buddies at the CFLRS are all telling me exactly the same thing - that the April course has been canceled and they don't know why that information hasn't reached the CFRCs yet. It's a relief to hear that at least we're going to be able to still arrive at the same time.

Should be interesting, getting the chance to "hang out" as she put it and work on some more PT  :nod:

Yeah I was planning to take a recovery week before course started but I guess this means I can keep pushing now. Will be nice to get a chance to check out the place and get to know each other before we're rushing everywhere all the time.

Stacked said:
I think Hockey89 is owed an apology!  He said this days ago and everyone just accused him of disturbing the crap.

No, I think that the information previously provided was entirely "premature" and only served to create anxiety for those of you following this thread.

Has anything really changed other than when the training starts?  Nope.  So why cry wolf?

Speaking of push ups during PT a few pages back,  will one be grilled if they wear a brace on one wrist for support due to a previous injury? :) 

Regarding the delayed course date ; for some of us , that is welcomed news as we are currently in a state of limbo.

I just received word from my CFRC as well. I was informed that the April 29th course has been cancelled. We are still expected to present ourselves in St. Jean on the 27th, but we will be loaded onto either the May 6 course or the May 13 course. It is unknown what we will be doing in the meanwhile, though he expected kit collection and PT to be likely.

Have fun!

myself and reaper-1 gave a few tips in your Aug 26 thread.

Take it for what it is and try to enjoy what you can.

any specific questions i have no issues answering :)

Back