• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

I'm in, just need her arrival time.

Maybe I'll even pick up a kilt  ;D

BBJ et al,
You know I'm always up for a round of good natured slagging on my behalf ( and pints as well). Alas, I am off to the sunny fields of Petawawa to fight the savage hoards and keep democracy safe for those 9 days in Aug.

George, looks like the red and white caddie for you my friend.

Cheers

I get in on Fri 18 Aug at 1729hrs on WestJet #730.

The BBQ idea sounds awesome to me.  That will make it much easier for anyone else that wants to join in the 151 challenge that a certain sig pig and I are planning. ;D

As for the wetting me down....note to self: don't wear a white shirt. hehe

navymich said:
I get in on Fri 18 Aug at 1729hrs on WestJet #730.

The BBQ idea sounds awesome to me.  That will make it much easier for anyone else that wants to join in the 151 challenge that a certain sig pig and I are planning. ;D

As for the wetting me down....note to self: don't wear a white shirt. hehe

Mmmmm....151.....mmmmmm....white shirts.....

If you're in Ottawa Thursday, Friday or Saturday you might want to catch this:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2027

Media Advisory
Tunes of glory and the thunder of the guns: Fortissimo 2006 set for Parliament Hill
MA-06.007 - August 14, 2006

Ottawa, Ont. -- The annual military music spectacular on Parliament Hill will this year include several firsts, including a performance by the The Army Gun Race, and a Continuity Drill Team from The Ceremonial Guard. As well, Fortissimo 2006 marks the 25th year of The Band of the Ceremonial Guard.

The performance will begin at 6:45 p.m. on each of three evenings, August 17th to 19th. The final performance will bring together former members of The Band of the Ceremonial Guard, as special guests for the anniversary.

“This is a celebration of much of what the Canadian Forces do in the capital,” says Major Shawn McKinstry, commanding officer of The Ceremonial Guard. “Spectators will see and hear military bands, pipes and drums, traditional uniforms and drill, and of course the firing of artillery salutes. It all comes together in one great show.”

As well as The Band of the Ceremonial Guard, also taking part will be the Central Band of the Canadian Forces, the Peace Tower Carillon, the Ottawa Police Pipes and Drums, and others. The show will include a specially arranged nine-minute segment of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture, featuring both artillery fires courtesy of the 30th Field Regiment (RCA).

As well, The Ceremonial Guard will fire a special rippling volley, known as a feu de joie, in celebration and salute.

Fortissimo has been performed on Parliament Hill since 1997. It is not just a band performance, but includes a traditional military ceremony known as Beating Retreat. This harks back to the centuries-old practice of using bands to signal soldiers that it was time to withdraw into camp for the night.

The performance is free of charge. All spectators are asked to be on Parliament Hill by 6:45 p.m. The event will last approximately 90 minutes.

Interesting,
I'll have to check it out.
And... turn it into an Ottawa Area meet and greet?

Edit: Never mind, BBJ's already got that under control.

You rang ,oh Wise One?

I'm available on the 19th for a few hours (read: from 1600-2230 or so) in the evening. So count me in.

That sounds awesome.  Saturday sounds like it will be the best with the extra there, but I'm thinking I might not be in the best condition to enjoy it that night.  ::)

BBJ, for the Friday, would we make it in time from the airport to see the show?

Rice031, if everyone is still good for it, I think we should keep the meet to Sat.  More time that way to enjoy the afternoon and all.

Poppa said:
BBJ et al,
You know I'm always up for a round of good natured slagging on my behalf ( and pints as well). Alas, I am off to the sunny fields of Petawawa to fight the savage hoards and keep democracy safe for those 9 days in Aug.

George, looks like the red and white caddie for you my friend.

Cheers

Do they run the 95 all the way out to Pet now?   ;D

Guess I am not going to make it either.   :-[

Been working on Battle Boxes for the last few days, and still getting info'ed more on VG 06. 

Anyone up for an RV at Timmies in Arnprior?    ;D

I'll be there in spirit Mich  ;)

Wish I could partake...soon enough

HL

We could make it a bar-b-que if people are interested.  I just realized VG is on, my error!

Baring any unforeseen complications I'm in and I'll even bring along HoM Jr!  Yes HoM has spawned the end it near. ;)

Just can't stay away from Ontario huh?  Wish I could be there (especially since we don't seem to be getting caught up via email, hint, hint).  Hope you have fun and don't let these army guys give you a hard time. ;D

rmacqueen said:
Just can't stay away from Ontario huh?  Wish I could be there (especially since we don't seem to be getting caught up via email, hint, hint).  Hope you have fun and don't let these army guys give you a hard time. ;D

:P  Fine, hint taken, email enroute....shortly...LOL.

Back