• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ AUG 21 - St. Jean

CanSurf

Inactive
Reaction score
Well there doesn't seem to be a thread for anyone going on Aug. 21, there just seems to be some people posting around in the other threads so I thought that I would start one just for that date.

I get sworn in on Aug. 9 in Hamilton and start BMQ on the 21st.

I got the call for NCI-OP about 2 weeks after I was merit listed. Pretty excited now I just have to keep working to get myself in peak condition.

See you there!

Cansurf

I am getting sworn in on 9th of Aug as well, as a LCIS tech. Im leaving to go to St. Jean on the 19th of Aug.

Forgot to mention, im getting sworn in in Windsor

I'm getting sworn in August 2nd in Toronto, starting St. Jean BMQ August 21st.  Going in as 6'9" full time PPCLI Infantry.  I'll be the first target. :)

ArmyDave said:
I'm getting sworn in August 2nd in Toronto, starting St. Jean BMQ August 21st.  Going in as 6'9" full time PPCLI Infantry.  I'll be the first target. :)

I wouldn't worry about being a target, if you wear camouflage, dye your hair green and carry two fist fulls of leaves, you can pretend to be a tree. Course in the photos of Afghanistan, I do not see any trees either... course what would I know... I am joining the Navy.

On the Navy topic, I too am going to BMQ August 21, as an NCI-OP. I guess I will see most of you on the 21st unless you are being sworn in on August 2nd like ArmyDave and I.

Smiles,
Dugnut

Got my call today and I will be in St Jean for Aug 21st BMQ.

I get sworn in July31st and fly out August 20th.....

I am bouncing off the walls  ;D

Awesome, great feeling when you get the offer after waiting for so long, eh?

Oh my goodness is it ever a great feeling...I was shaking!

Now I have a timeline and can now start getting everything in order....and now hubby has dates to work with for submitting his leave.

Dugnut said:
On the Navy topic, I too am going to BMQ August 21, as an NCI-OP. I guess I will see most of you on the 21st unless you are being sworn in on August 2nd like ArmyDave and I.

Nice to know that there will be someone else going into the same field as me at the same time.

CanSurf

Congratulations. It feels great getting the offer after waiting on the edge of your seat...

:cdn:

CanSurf said:
Nice to know that there will be someone else going into the same field as me at the same time.

CanSurf

I am sure there will be a couple other fellows or ladies in the August 21st BMQ, but who knows... there is a big demand for 031 (and Army in general) not so much for Navy trades (or so what I have seen in the numbers). As for NCI-OP, I think the quota is 30ish for this fiscal year... so it might not be too common to see that many at BMQ at one time. But what the heck do I know....

Smiles,
Dugnut

CanSurf said:

CanSurf

Hmmm.  Navy guys don't go to the field.  Army guys do   :p

Oh you meant in the same trade?  Gotcha!   ;D

Well, good luck to the whole works of ya.

Shoot the foot, drive the body...learn to serve.

Parva Sub Ingenti

Springroll said:
Got my call today and I will be in St Jean for Aug 21st BMQ.

I get sworn in July31st and fly out August 20th.....

I am bouncing off the walls  ;D
Congratulations Springroll...you go girl  :salute:

HL

Hot Lips said:
Congratulations Springroll...you go girl  :salute:

HL

Thanks HL....I will kick some butt for ya, and when you get there you will have to look me up so we can have a few together unless we meet up before I go.... ;D

Well well, I'm being sworn in on Aug 9th in Hamilton also. I was told Aug 19 fly out date, but that can't be confirmed until enrollment is complete. See you there!

Well I posted this in the other thread, but I might as well do it here too. Getting sworn in Aug 11th in Ottawa and will be at St. Jean Aug 20th for the Aug. 21st start up date. Going in for 031.

As an aside I just got all the paperwork in the mail today, seems like it will be a nice little bit of reading.

52 days, 13 hours, 4 min before our course starts.... YAY....

:salute: Congrats Springroll and everybody else who's going. I'm still waiting for the call.

ready to go said:
:salute: Congrats Springroll and everybody else who's going. I'm still waiting for the call.

Thanks Ready, and I am sure your call will come soon.

Just gave my notice at work today!  ;D Feels good to have that done and out of the way with.

Now just 20 more 12 hour shifts to go!  8)

CanSurf

To work with in the peer pressure of forum comments:

I gave my notice... wait for it (have to look at a calendar), June 16? I told my boss the same day I got and accepted the offer from the Petty Officer (course I have no memory if he was 1st or 2nd class).

My last day of work is August 18th... so I am not going to even attempt to count the days (I am not bad at math, just do not want to count). I gave such a late date because I am:

A. a nice guy.
B. need to train my replacement.
C. I get a free trip to Ottawa next week (course I am working).
D. I want the money and Bonuses might be handed out the first week of August.

Smiles,
Dugnut

Back