• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ personal kit search

ringo_mountbatten said:
the u.s. is not fingerprinting cdn citizens, just everybody else.

Actually the US is fingerprinting everybody except Canadian tourists.  If you are a resident alien on a work or student visa, you get fingerprinted, even if you are Canadian.  Canadians with work visas used to be able to go through the "American" line at US customs, but now we have to go through the "Other passports" line to get fingerprinted with the rest of the world (although they're still letting some Canadian tourists go through the "American" line).

AlphaCharlie said:
The issued multi-tool (Gerber) is a good thing to have, but they only issue them when you're fully qualified.

Not true. I recieved my gerber when I recieved my kit.. I had no military training whatsoever. The gerber came in handy, though.

on my bmq, i had to wear my 2IC's tac vest because my unit didn't issue me one and the 1940 webbing I recieved up in meaford on my bmq was low-standard so my 2IC let me use his tac vest when we were on the C7 range... he had a nice little knife in his tac vest that I kept playing with.

Nova said:
Not true. I recieved my gerber when I recieved my kit.. I had no military training whatsoever. The gerber came in handy, though.

on my bmq, i had to wear my 2IC's tac vest because my unit didn't issue me one and the 1940 webbing I recieved up in meaford on my bmq was low-standard so my 2IC let me use his tac vest when we were on the C7 range... he had a nice little knife in his tac vest that I kept playing with.

Take a look on the date of the post you quoted. Things have changed since 2004.

I also doubt you had 1940 webbing, more like the 1984 pattern.          ;)

Regards

Nova said:

Moreover, the Gerber is not supposed to be issued, AFAIK (correct me on this here, Vern), until you are fully qualified. For example, I've been in the army for four and a half years, albeit at RMC, and I have repeatedly been told that I will not receive my multi tool until I am DP1.2 qualified. Could be different for NCMs or in the Reserves, but I'm just speaking from my experience here.

Big Foot said:
Moreover, the Gerber is not supposed to be issued, AFAIK (correct me on this here, Vern), until you are fully qualified. For example, I've been in the army for four and a half years, albeit at RMC, and I have repeatedly been told that I will not receive my multi tool until I am DP1.2 qualified. Could be different for NCMs or in the Reserves, but I'm just speaking from my experience here.

Ahhh the gerber. What a screwed up scale of entitlement for it!! The Army ...  ::)

IAW scale of entitlements ... NO ONE is entitled to a gerber until successful completion of QL3s or CAP. Res F or Reg F -- no difference.

Now THAT makes a hell of a lot of sense no? You can have your gerber AFTER your major field qualification is done. The field, of course, being where these things are most required. This one always makes me wonder about how they come up with this stuff at the puzzle palace.

Not too many CSGs I know who do not use common dog and issue them out to CAP or QL3 courses (and for QL3s to trades ie Engr or 031 etc who would actually use them on the course) despite the "rules" anyway. This is another glitch in the scale which is frequently addressed by CSGs staffs.

Same as safety boots ... an engineer isn't entitled to them until he/she's completed their QL3s ... now that makes fucking sense. Who is at a higher risk of hurting their foot ??? I'd think it'd be the brand new engineers who are just learning (may drop big log onto foot!!  >:D).

Big Foot said:

Or for the sake of $6 (Or translated into studentese, the price of about two beers) you could buy yourself a cheapy multi-tool which accomplishes everything a gerber does. Just make sure the knife on it doesn't "flick" open.

ArmyVern said:
Ahhh the gerber. What a screwed up scale of entitlement for it!! The Army ...  ::)

IAW scale of entitlements ... NO ONE is entitled to a gerber until successful completion of QL3s or CAP. Res F or Reg F -- no difference.

Now THAT makes a hell of a lot of sense no? You can have your gerber AFTER your major field qualification is done. The field, of course, being where these things are most required. This one always makes me wonder about how they come up with this stuff at the puzzle palace.

Not too many CSGs I know who do not use common dog and issue them out to CAP or QL3 courses (and for QL3s to trades ie Engr or 031 etc who would actually use them on the course) despite the "rules" anyway. This is another glitch in the scale which is frequently addressed by CSGs staffs.

Same as safety boots ... an engineer isn't entitled to them until he/she's completed their QL3s ... now that makes fucking sense. Who is at a higher risk of hurting their foot ??? I'd think it'd be the brand new engineers who are just learning (may drop big log onto foot!!  >:D).

Now that I didn't know.

I guess that's why on the Joining Instructions for CFSME it says Safety Boots (if issued)

BTW Vern there is a rumor that we are actually entitled to 2 sets of safety boots any truth in that?

The NFLD Grinch said:
Now that I didn't know.

I guess that's why on the Joining Instructions for CFSME it says Safety Boots (if issued)

BTW Vern there is a rumor that we are actually entitled to 2 sets of safety boots any truth in that?

RegF members are entitled to 2 pairs. ResF members are only entitled to 1 pair of Safety boots ... Unless on a C or B class contract -- then it's upped to 2 pairs.

Guess you should have came to clothing to get your second pair while you were here this summer ...  >:D

What we usually do for QL3s at CFSME BTW, is the Crse O writes us up a memo listing the candiates names & SNs for each course and send it over to us. I then wrote up another memo (well when I was the CSG Supr -- the new supr is doing the same thing though) in which I authorized my staff to issue to the pers on the attached list (and attached the CFSME Memo) as a "due diligence requirement for personnel safety." That way, if anyone in centre has an issue with these students getting the footwear they actually SHOULD be entitled to for this course ... they can deal with me -- vice the troops who actually performed the issue.

I did have a complaint about my troops performing "unauthorized issues to unentitled pers" about 3 years ago -- and responded that they should fix the damn scale then; my CoC backed me up as did the BGenSafO... we haven't heard from them since.

ArmyVern said:
RegF members are entitled to 2 pairs. ResF members are only entitled to 1 pair of Safety boots ... Unless on a C or B class contract -- then it's upped to 2 pairs.

Guess you should have came to clothing to get your second pair while you were here this summer ...  >:D

What we usually do for QL3s at CFSME BTW, is the Crse O writes us up a memo listing the candiates names & SNs for each course and send it over to us. I then wrote up another memo (well when I was the CSG Supr -- the new supr is doing the same thing though) in which I authorized my staff to issue to the pers on the attached list (and attached the CFSME Memo) as a "due diligence requirement for personnel safety." That way, if anyone in centre has an issue with these students getting the footwear they actually SHOULD be entitled to for this course ... they can deal with me -- vice the troops who actually performed the issue.

I did have a complaint about my troops performing "unauthorized issues to unentitled pers" about 3 years ago -- and responded that they should fix the damn scale then; my CoC backed me up as did the BGenSafO... we haven't heard from them since.

LOL yeah I still got the old style "clown boots"

I wonder who had a bug up their ass to do that complaint.

The NFLD Grinch said:
LOL yeah I still got the old style "clown boots"

I wonder who had a bug up their ass to do that complaint.

Every transaction we Sup techs do logs our SN onto the system so it's not hard to see what we individuals are doing. ... they're just enforcing the scales ... they don't make them either.

And you think that they would have fixed the scale long ago.

ArmyVern said:

I'm not sure about that one, I got my gerber when I got to wainwright and I havent even started my QL3 yet.  Actually pretty much everyone here  has a gerber issued to them.

spenco said:
I'm not sure about that one, I got my gerber when I got to wainwright and I havent even started my QL3 yet.  Actually pretty much everyone here  has a gerber issued to them.

Trust me. IAW the scale YOU were not entitled to it.

Just like the CAP candidiates that we issue them to here anyway ... read the whole post.

I'm sure -- it's what they PAY me to know. Glad to see that my fellow Sup techs out there are actually using common dawg as well, as I stated before.

ArmyVern said:
Just like the CAP candidiates that we issue them to here anyway ...

I'll attest to that ;D after 3 years of being told I was not entitled to it by my RQ, I got one issued to me when I was on my CAP course. Thank... goodness... I still managed to break it :D but hey, that's a different story :D

I think Vern was still the boss there in 2005?

MedTech said:
I'll attest to that ;D after 3 years of being told I was not entitled to it by my RQ, I got one issued to me when I was on my CAP course. Thank... goodness... I still managed to break it :D but hey, that's a different story :D

I think Vern was still the boss there in 2005?

Yes, I was ... and did we exchange your broken one for you?

ArmyVern said:
Yes, I was ... and did we exchange your broken one for you?

No no, that was later on. Sorry should've clarified :D but thank goodness for bosses like you who utilize common sense! ;D

Did I ever mention that Vern is my fabourite Supply Tech?

ArmyVern said:
...I did have a complaint about my troops performing "unauthorized issues to unentitled pers" about 3 years ago -- and responded that they should fix the damn scale then; my CoC backed me up as did the BGenSafO... we haven't heard from them since.

Why oh why couldn't you have been posted to Chilliwack in the 70's?  :'(

Back