• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Busy - CFRC Kingston?

spud

Inactive
Reaction score
<Background> First, I am applying to re-enter reg force, but not a bypass. Second, we are moving to Kingston in the near future (1-3 months).Third, my old medical docs are here in PEI. Fourth, I did my CFAT and medical (need doctors letter, haven't gotten it yet) in May of last year, however my wife joined before I did, so that is as far as I got.  Fifth, now that she is static I am ramping up to let 'er rip.
< Background done>

I'm wondering if anyone knows if CFRC Kingston is overrun as far as applications go?  I'm assuming that it would be very busy. If there was a backlog in Kingston I would try and squeeze my application in here (PEI). Alternately, is it a huge hassle to have files transferred mid-stream? I realize choice of trade dictates BMQ date, I am referring to the recruiting process only.

p.s. Let me emphasize, I am NOT alluding that CFRC Charlottetown is slow or don't know what they are doing. My son and wife both went through there and the staff were great, I just want to take the route that makes sense (does makes sense?  Jeez, I need more coffee).

Sorry for the rambling but I wanted to give pertinent info.

Thank you,
potato

All CFRC/Ds are busy but no office is overrun with applications with the CFRCs in the major centres probably the slowest.  Keep in mind that it is ROTP season and that is the priority right now but I am sure by the time you get to Kingston that rush will be gone and you should have a relatively speedy processing.

Kincanucks,

Would it be prudent to ask Charlottetown to forward my med docs there right now? Transfer of documentation can be slow at times, and I'm quite sure they wouldn't let me hand carry them.

Thank you
potato

spud said:
Kincanucks,

Would it be prudent to ask Charlottetown to forward my med docs there right now? Transfer of documentation can be slow at times, and I'm quite sure they wouldn't let me hand carry them.

Thank you
potato

They won't send anything until you actually are in Kingston and you go into the CFRC/D there and ask for your file to be transferred.  Sorry but it prevents docs from travelling until necessary and prevents loss.

Back