• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT in Afghanistan

It was rather ammusing on my basic last summer, how some people had ‘shadow‘ ranks on their uniforms, in that the uniform was a bit darker green where the previous owner‘s rank had been. There was even someone with a uniform that had belonged to a CWO.

Hey I found this site thought you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

When I joined in 1987, I got issued a green balaclave dated 1952; it was still mint and is part of my Korean War display now.

When in England in 1990, I was issued a wool blanket dated 1942.

If it works, use it!

Things are getting better; I did my basic in 1988 with a rifle dated 1959. I was born in 1969....

I‘m sure we all have similar stories!

Radiohead,

That HYPERSTEALTH site is completely wrong and the guy who edits it is an idiot.

There are no hidden symbols in MARPAT. I know, I helped develop it. The insignia that we put into the pattern is a distinct and clear Eagle,Globe and Anchor with the letters USMC directly underneath it and it can be easily identified.

He is also way way way off the mark about the Canadian involvement in the development of MARPAT.

Read here for more info:

http://www.militarymorons.com/misc/misc.html#marpat

I was on the DND website and it featured pictures of recce guys in Afghanistan donning the ARID CADPAT.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/feature_story/2003/oct03/30_f_e.asp

Just wondering, i cant find anything on it, but i have seen a lot of pics of canadian soldiers with a checkered black and white pyramid of squares on their left shoulder, is that a specific unit, and if i is what unit is it?

2007brennanm said:
Just wondering, i cant find anything on it, but i have seen a lot of pics of Canadian soldiers with a checkered black and white pyramid of squares on their left shoulder, is that a specific unit, and if i is what unit is it?

It's the ISAF symbol, ISAF stands for International Security Assistance Force. Don't quote me on this part but I think anyone can get one and they are optional to wear.

And next time don't open a 6 year old topic, just make a new one.

[Edit to strike out advice.]

It is NOT the ISAF Symbol, for operational security reasons I will not go into details but rest assured it is not an ISAF patch.

This is what the ISAF patch looks like
isaf_gelb.jpg

That is not the patch i am talking about, thanks for anwsering quickly thought it was like 10 minutes. but i looked again and it is a black and white patch. It is square and it goes horizontally - white - black - white, then another row of all white. What is the patch and what units have it.

like dangerboy said you dont have to go into detail but what units wear it, because i have seen some soldiers with them and some that dont?

My bad, I have been misinformed. But I am curious as to why he should put the question in a topic which was last used 6 years ago especially when his question has nothing to do with the topic.

2007brennanm said:
like dangerboy said you dont have to go into detail but what units wear it, because i have seen some soldiers with them and some that dont?

Suffice it to say, all units wear them. 

Oh No a Canadian said:
My bad, I have been misinformed. But I am curious as to why he should put the question in a topic which was last used 6 years ago especially when his question has nothing to do with the topic.

He is asking a question reference the topic.  It has to do with the uniform being worn in Afghanistan, which is CADPAT.  He is asking a relevant question about an article worn on that uniform. 

Back