• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

No kidding. What a gift to the LPC. Once again members of the CPC manage to shoot themselves in the foot. I voted for them but starting to think I’m glad they aren’t in charge. And O’Toole has come out to say he supports the group. Like he has a choice…

It’s starting to look like the inevitable Reform-PC split is a comin’. Without Trudeau’s previously promised, now withdrawn election reform, we’re in for one heck of a way-of-life ride with extraGDP debt and all.
1636378530155.gif

It’s starting to look like the inevitable Reform-PC split is a comin’. Without Trudeau’s previously promised, now withdrawn election reform, we’re in for one heck of a way-of-life ride with extraGDP debt and all.
View attachment 67055

I firmly agree with you. I would say the right side of the political spectrum is more divided and fractured than the left...

No kidding. What a gift to the LPC. Once again members of the CPC manage to shoot themselves in the foot. I voted for them but starting to think I’m glad they aren’t in charge. And O’Toole has come out to say he supports the group. Like he has a choice…
OMFG. 🤦‍♂️ What is wrong with these people? I am really going to have to read this book because whatever it is is infecting the right up here too.

Consider this though, if people resist getting the vaccine, just where will you draw the line on the amount and type of force being used?

So far it looks like disemployment is as far as it will go, except where disemployment creates problems for the agency/business doing the disemploying.

So far it looks like disemployment is as far as it will go, except where disemployment creates problems for the agency/business doing the disemploying.
No it looks like the inmates in the CPC are trying to run the asylum. O’toole is dropping the ball and these clowns are guaranteeing that the LPC will rule for a generation.

So be it. LPC had a 13-year run from '93 to '06. They slew the deficit! After the CPC won, they became the biggest-spending federal government ever (for a time). No-one wants that again. Nothing the LPC or LCP+NDP do could possibly be as damaging as a handful of flakes in the CPC.

So be it. LPC had a 13-year run from '93 to '06. They slew the deficit! After the CPC won, they became the biggest-spending federal government ever (for a time). No-one wants that again. Nothing the LPC or LCP+NDP do could possibly be as damaging as a handful of flakes in the CPC.
Now you get it.

2nd half Chretien and Martin were actually about as centrist as the LPC got. I wouldn’t mind that, actually. A Blue Grit government would respect citizens and their well-being and livelihood. This current thoughtless, pandering swing hard left and screwing our children and grand children with soon to be crippling debt is not any kind of government we want or need….excepting for some beholden to flashy smiles and vapid, meaningless signaling tripe..

2nd half Chretien and Martin were actually about as centrist as the LPC got. I wouldn’t mind that, actually. A Blue Grit government would respect citizens and their well-being and livelihood. This current thoughtless, pandering swing hard left and screwing our children and grand children with soon to be crippling debt is not any kind of government we want or need….excepting for some beholden to flashy miles and vapid, meaningless signaling tripe..
Who is we?

We just had an election and the Liberals got the most seats and their most likely partners in parliament will likely be as high spending.

Last edited:

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole said comments about vaccines by some members of his caucus are not helpful and are spreading uncertainty about immunization against COVID-19

It’s a good thing that CPC backbencher Erin O’Toole spoke up about this issue. If only the Conservative leader, whoever they are, could do something about this behaviour.

God, these people are idiots. Not limited to the West though; they re-elected Cheryl Gallant as well here in Ontario.

Not really sure why no one just drops the hammer on them though, the soft touch doesn't seem to be working and MPs like these are exactly why they lost ground in the last few elections. May win a few local seats but loses them much more across the country.

Spend within our means, stay out of peoples bedrooms, and otherwise stay a steady course where people pay reasonable taxes, get the required services, and things work in the short term and plans for a sustainable long term. Seems pretty straightforward, but I can see why some of the big ticket candidates avoided this job with the lunatics pulling these shenanigans.

If you want to understand the American right, don't start there.

You could start here if you like:

Erik Prince recruited spy to run honeypot traps against Trump enemies​

Donald Trump's allies were so intent on rooting out a 'deep state' working against him that they employed a British spy to recruit women as 'honeytraps', intent on ferreting out critics of the then-president while on dates at DC restaurants.

The spying scheme was orchestrated in part by Project Veritas, according to The New York Times. It targeted members of the FBI, the State Department and even Trump's national security adviser, H.R. McMaster. It's unclear if Trump knew about it when it was going on in 2017.

The point is that a balanced portrait of a political faction is not likely from an enemy. People fighting for the same followers are usually more bitter toward each other than toward the oppositional factions whose home turf is not an aspirational goal.

The point is that a balanced portrait of a political faction is not likely from an enemy. People fighting for the same followers are usually more bitter toward each other than toward the oppositional factions whose home turf is not an aspirational goal.
Considering that the LPC and NDP are in talks for a supply and confidence agreement, I would say that this is not a very accurate description of the Canadian political parties, at least on the left.

You could start here if you like:

Erik Prince recruited spy to run honeypot traps against Trump enemies​

Donald Trump's allies were so intent on rooting out a 'deep state' working against him that they employed a British spy to recruit women as 'honeytraps', intent on ferreting out critics of the then-president while on dates at DC restaurants.

The spying scheme was orchestrated in part by Project Veritas, according to The New York Times. It targeted members of the FBI, the State Department and even Trump's national security adviser, H.R. McMaster. It's unclear if Trump knew about it when it was going on in 2017.

Except that it is according to the New York Times. Their motto is "All the news that's fit to print." (since 1896). Since the early 2000's, the Old Grey Lady's motto should have been changed to "all the news that will generate hits and make us money." They have failed badly in objective reporting. Remember, they were an early and vocal proponent of the Steele Dossier.

Back