• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Reserve Forces Vs US Reserve Forces

RHFC said:
I agree they need more people comming in to schools i know that when they did send people in they had more students apply
It's not that Rerserve recruiters don't visit schools.  It's that some schools won't let them visit.  For many schools, the CFRC crews get there first.  When the Reserve units want to visit, they're told "You were just here."  Knowingly or not, CFRCs and Reserve recruiters compete for the same applicants.

Haggis said:
It's not that Rerserve recruiters don't visit schools.  It's that some schools won't let them visit.  For many schools, the CFRC crews get there first.  When the Reserve units want to visit, they're told "You were just here."  Knowingly or not, CFRCs and Reserve recruiters compete for the same applicants.

This can certainly be true, but it can also be avoided.If the Res Bde G1 Branch are doing their jobs, they establish a close working relationship with the CFRC that covers their Bde area, and coordinate the Bde's recruiting activities with the CFRC's, including joint visits, or ensuring that "stand alone" CFRC visits within the Bde's AO include information on the Res. I have seen this work so I know it can be done, but it should not be left at unit level to coordinate or confusion will probably result, unless you are in a single unit location.

Cheers

Within LFQA the Res Bdes work closely with the CFRC dets.... some improvement.
One of the problems in the past with CFRC guys going into HS' for recruiting is that guidance counsellors perceived them as coming in with the express intention of convincing their students to drop out & join the army... while that is the last thing reservist recruiters have in mind.
End result is that, in the not too distant past, recruiting teams did not always get a warm reception at schools.

Back