• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF moving to Multicam?

I am personally thoroughly impressed...that they could muster up THAT many pairs of white gloves at once!!  I bet they all have keepers too!!

Say what you will, their drill and precision on parade is a thing of beauty to behold.  I never get tired of watching these videos as I can appreciate the amount of effort, dedication and time it took to be perfect like that.  Besides, the hotties in the pink uniforms and white go-go boots are especially compelling to my eyes. 

Sizing, and assessment for other physical attributes, was most likely done at the point of conscription where these people were streamed into a purely parade function. That level of drill excellence is only achievable if it is a specialty.

jollyjacktar said:
Say what you will, their drill and precision on parade is a thing of beauty to behold.  I never get tired of watching these videos as I can appreciate the amount of effort, dedication and time it took to be perfect like that.  Besides, the hotties in the pink uniforms and white go-go boots are especially compelling to my eyes.

I personnally see perfection (in anything other than very few scenarios) as a waste of time, especially something as cosmetic as drill (don't need to be perfect to understand the whole reacting to orders and all)

Aiming for perfection during training?  Certainly.  Demanding a perfect result?  You'll spend 80% of your time chasing the last 20% of the results.  Waste of time that you could spend broadening your knowledge and skills.

No rain on their parade. Those who screw up drill in NK are shot. Big incentive.  ;D

FSTO said:
It seems to be a losing battle Pusser. Did you see the pictures of the CDS at MARPAC and the honour guard in NCD's and CADPAT?
ET2017-0079-04.jpg

Why do we have orders and directives when this crap goes on?

I also saw pictures from yesterday of the same outfit in Calgary.

I'm Army.  The only thing good that I see about this pic is my son. It'd be even better if my son was not in cadpat with the flags out.

SupersonicMax said:
I personnally see perfection (in anything other than very few scenarios) as a waste of time, especially something as cosmetic as drill (don't need to be perfect to understand the whole reacting to orders and all)

Aiming for perfection during training?  Certainly.  Demanding a perfect result?  You'll spend 80% of your time chasing the last 20% of the results.  Waste of time that you could spend broadening your knowledge and skills.

This is a propaganda pageant, a tool, put on for the world to see and admire.  This has an important purpose to China and I agree with Loachman, this is probably all these people do for the State while they're in uniform.  They have plenty of people and can afford to have just show performers on the payroll.

Could they be doing something better with their lives?  Maybe... but the same could be said for all those professional athletes.  They're at the top of their tier, doing what they do to the best of their ability.  Could they have put those years of training and dedication into something more beneficial to society?  Again, maybe...  doesn't stop all the sports fans from ohhhing and ahhing while watching them to their thing.

Maybe those Chinese kids spend 80% of their time in uniform chasing that 20%.  They seem, to my eyes, to have caught it nevertheless.  Sure, you're right, good enough is usually good enough.  I can still stand back and watch someone do something much better than I could ever hope to achieve and admire their work.  (sure as fuck, they look better than what's on display in the photo of our colour party, et al)

ArmyVern said:
I'm Army.  The only thing good that I see about this pic is my son. It'd be even better if my son was not in cadpat with the flags out.

What's so bad about the photo? Not every occasion where the Colours are flown require dress uniforms. Yes, the Colours are prestigious and shall be treated no different than royalty, however, our predecessors flew the colours and national ensign while covered in dirt, grease, grime, and blood of their brothers.

The whole "buttons and bows" bullshit is just that, bullshit.

I am no more less respectful to my fallen brothers and sisters because of the type of uniform I wore when the colours were flown.

Eye In The Sky said:
There was a saying when I was in the army...

"No inspection-ready unit will likely pass combat, and no combat-ready unit will likely pass an inspection".

I've done CofC parades in combat w/FFO.

Come to think of it, what I consider the most important type of parades, they all seem to be in CADPAT...

c0bf8c5a485254d27d0f7a3e8e3cc777.jpg

Amen.

LunchMeat said:
What's so bad about the photo? Not every occasion where the Colours are flown require dress uniforms. Yes, the Colours are prestigious and shall be treated no different than royalty, however, our predecessors flew the colours and national ensign while covered in dirt, grease, grime, and blood of their brothers.

The whole "buttons and bows" bullshit is just that, bullshit.

I am no more less respectful to my fallen brothers and sisters because of the type of uniform I wore when the colours were flown.

There is a lot wrong with it. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-defence-chief-wants-to-toss-canadian-made-uniforms-for-u-s-version-at-a-cost-of-500m?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1533159660

Apparently the timeline is short to switch us all to multicam. Personally I like CADPAT over multi any day, I this this as a waste of budget

MilEME09 said:
Apparently the timeline is short to switch us all to multicam. Personally I like CADPAT over multi any day, I this this as a waste of budget

How much does it cost us to have 2 different styles of uniform to stock, with a unique to Canada pattern, and 2 different sets of gear (ruck covers, tacvests, hats, gloves, small packs)? Of course any initial issue of uniforms is going to cost a lot of money, you're kitting out almost 90,000 people with 3 uniforms each. I'm sure when CADPAT came out people complained about the cost.

If the Army moves to MultiCam, CANSOF will move to CADPAT, just to be different...

PuckChaser said:
How much does it cost us to have 2 different styles of uniform to stock, with a unique to Canada pattern, and 2 different sets of gear (ruck covers, tacvests, hats, gloves, small packs)? Of course any initial issue of uniforms is going to cost a lot of money, you're kitting out almost 90,000 people with 3 uniforms each. I'm sure when CADPAT came out people complained about the cost.

Yes, im also in the camp that one camo cant fit all situations.

MilEME09 said:

Of course not. But good enough for most situations is the most economical, with unique skillsets (snipers, Recce Pl) perhaps requiring something a little different. Most of the people wearing these uniforms are never going to need the actual camoflauge as they don't make a "Base/KAF Timmies lineup" camo pattern.

MilEME09 said:
Not 100% no, but CADPAT TW suits one environment for a few months of the year at best. It's too green to work most places we actually go and have to worry about blending into the environment. Multicam is a 90% solution for most of the environments we deal with, which is far better than two cam patterns that suit one or two environments well and the rest poorly.

True about CANSOFCOM though, I bet they'll go retro with the WWII USMC Frogskin, nothing is cooler than retro right now!

Multicam, boot allowance, whats next? Buying our own chest rigs?

Furniture said:
Not 100% no, but CADPAT TW suits one environment for a few months of the year at best. It's too green to work most places we actually go and have to worry about blending into the environment. Multicam is a 90% solution for most of the environments we deal with, which is far better than two cam patterns that suit one or two environments well and the rest poorly.
CADPAT TW is superior to Multicam in all forests that I have visited in central and Eastern Europe, regardless of season. Now that we are worried about Russia, maybe it is past the time for buying the optimal uniform for fighting Taliban?

PuckChaser said:
Of course not. But good enough for most situations is the most economical, with unique skillsets (snipers, Recce Pl) perhaps requiring something a little different. Most of the people wearing these uniforms are never going to need the actual camoflauge as they don't make a "Base/KAF Timmies lineup" camo pattern.
If that is the mindset, then just put everybody back to the old olive colour. Cheaper, works in more places, and looks good in the boardwalk too.

Furniture said:

True about CANSOFCOM though, I bet they'll go retro with the WWII USMC Frogskin, nothing is cooler than retro right now!

If we have more than one cam pattern deployed on major operations where some 'real shooting' is going on, you can probably count on a lot of Blue on Blues.

Just sayin'....

Back