• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disney Florida Discounts For Canadian Military?

opcougar

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have been to Disney Florida lately and managed to get a military discount? I'll be there in Jan 2011 doing the goofy challenge, while the family enjoys the disney attractions.

thx

Friend of mine went this summer, and they told him the military discount only applies to US service persons. He reminded them we were in the same conflict in Afghanistan, but they wouldn't budge.

PuckChaser said:
Friend of mine went this summer, and they told him the military discount only applies to US service persons. He reminded them we were in the same conflict in Afghanistan, but they wouldn't budge.

We also tend to forget the USA is a differnt country who has a great program for THEIR troops.

dogger1936 said:
We also tend to forget the USA is a differnt country who has a great program for THEIR troops.

I rememeber reading somewhere that PSP had arranged for a lot of deals to be reciprocal with MWR in the USA - I wish I could remember where, but they can arrange a lot of the deals for you, just has to be done in advance.

dogger1936 said:

And some places have great programs for all troops. I have never had any problems using US military programs from their MWR as a Canadian, using Canadian ID.

Places such as Sea World, the San Diego zoo, San Diego aviation museum, USS Midway museum, USS Missouri memorial and the other Pearl Harbour historical sites are all free for servicemembers regardless of nationality.

opcougar said:
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have been to Disney Florida lately and managed to get a military discount? I'll be there in Jan 2011 doing the goofy challenge, while the family enjoys the disney attractions.

thx

Usually when I hit Mayport Fl I hit the MWR and get some fantastic deals at Disney or Universal. Never had a problem.

krustyrl said:
Forgive me but what is "MWR".?

"Morale, Welfare and Recreation".....its a US military program where all sorts of travel and recreation activities can be organized and accessed by servicemembers, usualy at much discounted rates.

Went there this past summer.  Disney military discounts are for US service members and their families.  However, went to Seaworld Orlando and all they wanted was my military ID and my wife's driver's license and all 4 of us went in for free.  Saved us $310.00.

bick said:
Disney military discounts are for US service members and their families.

Was that the answer you received by going to Disneyworld directly and asking about a military discount ?

On the West Coast, if you go to a US MWR office, there is no problem obtaining discounted Disneyland tickets with valid Canadian military ID.

CDN Aviator said:
And some places have great programs for all troops. I have never had any problems using US military programs from their MWR as a Canadian, using Canadian ID.

Places such as Sea World, the San Diego zoo, San Diego aviation museum, USS Midway museum, USS Missouri memorial and the other Pearl Harbour historical sites are all free for servicemembers regardless of nationality.

I recall a brochure as well years ago that had dirt cheap lodging for Canadian service members in the states. I think it's great that they do offer it at some places.

You can find many hotels all over the US that offer discounts to any NATO service member, active or retired. I stayed at one in Boston a number of years ago and it just required you to have military ID to get the cheaper rate.

In my job I go to the US 2 or 3 times a year, usually in the vicinity of a US naval base. The benefits and the facilities US personnel get are unbelievable. We can certainly take a page out of their book.

opcougar said:
Hi guys,

thx

Check out the attached link. From it I quote:
Check out information on military discounts for NATO Allies below.

NATO Allies Military Discounts

Military service members of NATO Allied nations such as the UK and France are eligible for many of the US Military discounts in the USA.  Although most theme parks will have their own policy on extending military discounts to Allied nations, the Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) center at the US Navy facility in Orlando will allow UK and other Allied military members access with their nation's military ID card and/or NATO Travel Orders. At the MWR center, service members can purchase deeply discounted theme park tickets such as Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World.  All of the Anheuser-Busch theme parks extend their military discounts to US Allies including NATO and ISAF troops on vacation in the US.  See below for Orlando MWR Tickets information.

Better than a kick in the ass. Many internet sites (from US base resources as well) to visit & query.

Had a girlfriend and her family travel there on their vacation ...

They ended up with family lodging on a nearby military base, had a vehicle offered up from same location for their use ... discount coupons and free passes ...etc etc.

http://www.baseops.net/marketplace/

Ohhhhh,

Must also add Cancun, Mexico onto my 'to do' list ...

http://www.britsincancun.com/otherforces.html

I go to the States quite often, mostly around Michigan. For everywhere I've been that offers a military discount, I have never been turned down, for the discount, with my CF ID. Hotels, meals, shows, even bars.

I'm going in June of this year but can't find any discounts at all for us Veterans

bwatch said:
I'm going in June of this year but can't find any discounts at all for us Veterans

If you're driving stop in at the Mayport naval base near Jacksonville at the MWR and you can pickup discounted tickets to Disney,Kennedy space center, sea world, Universal studios If you're flying you can pickup discounted tickets to the attractions in the US military Disney hotel or stop by here by Orlando airport http://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse/installations/nsa_orlando/ffr/things_to_do.html. Also you can stop by the USO in the Orlando airport and they can most likely fix you up with tickets.

Short answer:  You can try, but I wouldn't count on it.

Long answer:  The current Disney "Salute" promotion is open to the US military, as well as foreign military posted to US establishments.  If you're in that situation, you'll have a US military ID (called a CAC) with a blue band on it.  That blue band is key because it's pretty rare - but the Disney program specifically lists it as being included - to the point where it's highly implied that foreign military IDs are excluded.  It will not be listed on the website that foreign military is excluded, so you'd actually have to call Disney for them to confirm that fact.  (Disney isn't in the business of posting a negative exclusion.)

Now, you may be able to get on a US base with Canadian ID.  You may be able to buy Disney Salute tickets at an MWR with Canadian ID.  However, those aren't actually tickets - they're vouchers.  You have to take the vouchers to a Disney ticket booth outside the gates and exchange them for tickets.  At that ticket booth is where you'll either be reject or given the tickets.  Policy is "no CAC, no ticket," but who knows...you may luck out.  Just remember that the vouchers are a) expensive, and b) non-refundable.

And also for those that were thinking about trying:  Don't even try to book a room at Shades of Green without a CAC.

Source:  I'm posted to the US, have a CAC and have been to Disneyland, Disney World and a Disney cruise all in the past 14 months.  If you want any Disney trip advice, I know way more than the average dude should ever know about such a topic.

Back