• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog Tags

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Google is your friend

http://anthro.palomar.edu/blood/Rh_system.htm

hey i am just gonna start bmq at st jean and i was wondering when you would recieve dog tags? and uniforms and equipment thx

scmurray said:
hey i am just gonna start bmq at st jean and i was wondering when you would recieve dog tags? and uniforms and equipment thx

Read the thread!

I've been in for a few months now, and I find my dog tag and chain catch my chest hair. Does anyone have any sensible suggestions?  I'd rather not shave my chest as I think that's a bit drastic. Or is this something to just get used to? It only happens a few times a day, so it's not that bad.

Thanks in advance.

I don't wear mine unless I'm operational (I keep them in my wallet).  Or wear them outside your combat undershirt but inside your combat shirt

Some hollow out 550 cord and use that around their chain,
I've seen medics use IV tubing.  Personally, its only that little
joining/end piece that catches my hair.  As long as thats at
the back of my neck I don't experience any problems. 

EDIT  or i can be answering a repeated troll... sigh..

Or you can always shave your chest hair...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8x1yK9MFXQ0

::)

Although the Troll has been BANNED, let's not start telling people where to put their DOG TAGS other than in the "Regulated", prescribed, position.

They are designed to be worn around you neck.  They are there so that a Medic or Mortician can easily find them should they have to.

Dog Tags in your boot, your pocket, or your wallet are not in their proper place.  If a Medic can not find your Blood Group in an Emergency, then you will soon become a "John Doe" in the Morgue.   ;D

....not to mention , the chain is to be worn around the neck and has a "breaking strength" so as not to hang yourself or get hung up.  By putting the chain through the outer shell of 550 cord  negates that idea.

Just a thought, as I see lots of Aircrew do this and suggest otherwise for that reason.

Signed,

Your friendly
ALSE Tech

....not to mention , the chain is to be worn around the neck and has a "breaking strength" so as not to hang yourself or get hung up.  By putting the chain through the outer shell of 550 cord  negates that idea.

Just a thought, as I see lots of Aircrew do this and suggest otherwise for that reason.

Signed,

Your friendly
ALSE Tech

Well since if you sheath your dog tag chain with the outer shell of para cord it's not a completted loop so it still has the same breaking strength of just the chain itself.

I too highly recommend the 550 cord solution. I had the same problem with my chest hair until that 550cord secret was revealed to me.

I personally use Surgical Hose on my chain.  I had to replace the chain after many years of use, due to its' breaking off once too often at the Dog Tag.  (I needed to find a longer length of chain.)  Many of us have a problem with aluminium, in that it leaves black marks on the skin after a few hours of wear.  The Dog Tag was really bad when it was aluminium, but it has been changed.  Not so the chain.

Back