• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill and Ceremonial

Not to mention you didn't say anything about CLI Rifle Coach, or PE&RT.

I did D&C at Blackdown in 2000, awhile back, and it was good times, good times. It was all worth it. In 00 we had some good times with Sgt Maj Paul like when he cut up all the CIC officers in front of us, and told them they didnt know how to wear their uniforms properly...good times good times.

S.Stewart said:
I did D&C at Blackdown in 2000, awhile back, and it was good times, good times. It was all worth it. In 00 we had some good times with Sgt Maj Paul like when he cut up all the CIC officers in front of us, and told them they didnt know how to wear their uniforms properly...good times good times.

What platoon were you in?

Jacob said:
What platoon were you in?

I dont remember my plt number, it was awhile ago, but i was in the plt that lost all our staff, because 2 of our sgts left C7's on the side of the parade square, and our WO was demoted for something in the end, we ended up with a WO, a sgt that was transferred to us from Hotel, and 2 course cadets that were given the rank of MCPL. That was a screwed up summer....good times, good times.

S.Stewart said:
I dont remember my plt number, it was awhile ago, but i was in the plt that lost all our staff, because 2 of our sgts left C7's on the side of the parade square, and our WO was demoted for something in the end, we ended up with a WO, a sgt that was transferred to us from Hotel, and 2 course cadets that were given the rank of MCPL. That was a screwed up summer....good times, good times.
I'm pretty sure that's 4 plt. I think Leung was one of your MCpls. 00 was a good  year for D&C....

Kenchin said:
I'm pretty sure that's 4 plt. I think Leung was one of your MCpls. 00 was a good  year for D&C....

Leung definately wasnt one the MCPL's, that I know, the name doesnt register, and I know I wasnt 4 plt, cause 4 PLT was a female WO. I believe I was 2 or 3 PLT. Woods was orginally our WO.

Cadet mcpl_spunky said:
what year was that in  because we dont get to use the c-7 any more
The only reason you didn't is because the range was closed down for both the C7 and the Enfields. The CLI Rifle Coach course had to travel out to Salmon Arm to the Gun Club out there and use their range.

S.Stewart said:
Leung definately wasnt one the MCPL's, that I know, the name doesnt register, and I know I wasnt 4 plt, cause 4 PLT was a female WO. I believe I was 2 or 3 PLT. Woods was orginally our WO.

If Zangoff was one of your M/Cpl's you were in my platoon.

Then I was in your platoon...lol..Like I said it's been awhile, that was the last time I was ever on course.

Would D&C boost self confidence just as much as adventure would?
My ex-MWO has told me I should go to adventure because it would boost my self confidence and she personally wouldn't want to stand on a parade square all day in the blazing sun. I don't think she ever went to D&C though.

Cadet mcpl_spunky said:
what year was that in  because we dont get to use the c-7 any more

2000, was the last year, D&C conducted Drill with the C7's at Blackdown.

I don't recognize any of your names.. lol. I took DnC in Vernon, 2004, .. it was a good summer. But yeah, there was a lot of time spent up on the parade square.  :(

Jennens said:
I don't recognize any of your names.. lol. I took DnC in Vernon, 2004, .. it was a good summer. But yeah, there was a lot of time spent up on the parade square.  :(

That would be because I haven't been to Blackdown since 2002 as staff  :D

Oh, hah.. then yeah. I've never been to Blackdown period  :p Been going strong at Vernon.. 4th year in a row now, woo hoo!

Hey um Jennans how did you get D&C  staff if you have only been going to camp for four years have you been a staff cadet before? do you have NSCE?  or do you know somebody

Lol I have my sources...  8) no, I'm just kidding.
My first year, 2003, I did Basic Marksman and I skipped to CLI DnC the following summer. I think the reason for my skipping CL was because of my age.. I was also awarded top cadet in Basic so that may have had something to do with it as well. Last year I staffed Echo and this year it's Guard, so.. that's how I did it. And yes, I do have NSCE

I took D&C in Vernon back in 1993. It was a great course and the staff were exellent. I haven't been back to Vernon to fill any positions since then, I wonder how much the course has changed (other than not having blanks).

Back