• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

First move following QL 3

Seaman_Navy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello. I don't know if anybody can answer my interrogation. Hopefully

I joined the reg force in March and I'm from Quebec City. I'm now in Esquimalt for my Ql3 phase. Basically, I waited 6 months on PATS before starting my course last monday and that will last till end of february 07. Before I left from Quebec, I was still with my girlfriend ( no common-law status). When I got here the first day and I figured out that I was to be away one year from her, it made no sense to me. I then decided to request to live ashore so I can get an apartment and she can move with me. It was granted to me.

In May I had my apartment and she arrived here 2 weeks later. Since you are supposed to get your stuff moved from your place of enrollment to your posting after your ql3 ( Halifax or Esquimalt in my case) Is it possible, if we get our common-law status or get married, to have our stuff moved from here to Halifax, instead of Quebec to Halifax. (if posted in Halifax). Basically I don't have any stuff in my place of enrollment. The stuff I have is the stuff I bought out here. My biggest question is, will they say....anyway you were single and living in Quebec City when you joined so we do not move you and your girlfriend or wife that are now living in Esquimalt.

I hope that somedy understand what I mean

Hope to have feeback. thanks!

Just wandering how long your QL3 was in Esquimalt... In theory, more than 6 months is a posting... therefore they should cover your move from Esquimalt to Halifax, but not to sure! just an idea to look into

Like sig said....provided your in Esquimalt for more than 6 months (which is a posting), your F&E should be moved at the crown's expense. The military won't care how much stuff you've aquired over the 6 months. But your best bet (unless a RMS type replies to this) is to  talk to one of the more senior clerks in the school or HQ........and ask away. They won't lead you astray...well, not usually ::)

Whoa!  Back off a little the bison33.  DND will not move everything that you own.  There are certain items that they will not move.  There is also Weight Restrictions/Limits that are in effect.  You may find that what you are allowed to move as a married member with twenty years in and a wife, six kids, two dogs and a cat is just a little more than the allowable weight for a brand spanking new Recruit out of the School.

Actually George.........It doesn't matter if you have 20 years in, a wife, kids, dogs and so on......or  someone in a year, who's married or common law...even single. Your entitled to have 20,000 lbs shipped out of your core benefit and if you have more weight or bulky items, it comes out of the custom then personalized when the custom is used up. So you may EXCEED the weight entitlement......... the reference is the CF IRP book dated April 2006.  I know they won't move EVERYTHING, it was a figure of speech......I'll presume the lad has some common sense(even after going navy ;))...
Besides...he's not going through a 12 week battleschool........guys who have a TQ3 (I'm old school) longer than 6 months, are entitled to the same benefits as you and I are when posted. And if he has 20,000 lbs of HG&E (and not engine blocks and so on...lol...I know guys who've tried that for the weight thing to make money years ago), or 500 lbs, the crown will pay. But if his 3's are a couple days shy of 6 months......besides the UAB for his kit.....who knows.

"Members who first become entitled to move (D)HG&E following enrolment are entitled to move (D)HG&E (including HG&E in LTS) from the residence that was occupied by the member and their dependants (or LTS location) prior to enrolment, provided it is located within the geographical area of responsibility of the recruiting unit." CF IRP 2006

That means since my home was Quebec City before coming in BC....they would pay from there to Halifax per exemple. Not from here. This is also what my bosses told me. In fact, we can live ashore after a certain time even on our Ql3 but if you buy too much stuff or you don't sell it when you leave, you have to pay to move it.

However if your dependants (next of kin) change what happen? Let's say I'm common-law or get married with my girlfriend and she is living with me in BC? Anyone has a answer for that?

Back