• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For all those new to military life

Do you need a support system

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I already have one, it is army.ca

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Suebu

Inactive
Reaction score
I keep seeing the same sort of postings.....my husband/boyfriend just joined.....what is going to happen to me

It is simple....get your own life!!! Go back to school, focus on your career, do some volunteer work. Trust me, this helps more than you know. Those stay at home wives usually have a wonderful support system or have made some good friends but when you are posted away from family and are trying to make new one.....sometimes school or work is all that you have to fill the time.

This is what the military life holds for us, get use to the idea that you will be alone quite a bit but remember that when he is there, make ever moment count.

It takes a very special woman to be married to a military man but the love shared by two makes it worth while.

Sue

You seem to have some great advice for spouses who are new to the military life.  I agree that having your own interests, career, etc. is all well and good but at the same time this is a very new world for many folks, they don't know what to expect or where to turn for advice.  One of the biggest obstacles that I've had to overcome is finding the camaraderie with others who are in the same boat as I am.  The military member has this through their training courses, unit, etc. but the spouse is suddenly in a whole new world. And it's often hard to find other spouses with whom you can connect with even when you're living on base because you get wrapped up in your own interests, career, etc.  Personally, I've found that going to Military Family days and other events like it are where I've met other spouses who can relate to what I'm going through.  As well as sites such as this one, of course! :)

*Note to MODS: I don't think this is a proper poll, could you please remove it.*

Back