• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

So can someone answer me this: what do you do with your firearms when you go away somewhere? I mean, would it be a legit fear to have the cops come after you if you were robbed while sunning in Cabo?
Not to derail this thread but has anyone noticed this article from Sunday.

Peterborough is just down the road from Savage Arms in Lakefield. When their production is humming 2,000 firearms can be about three or four days of production so quite a few trucks full of firearms go out of there.

🍻

I will agree that they should have scaled back on the honking in residential areas early on. The majority of people in that area work for the beast or feed it. So I get the reason why the truckers had limited sympathy for them. The faux feeling for the homeless is a lovely touch of propaganda and I am sure the residents feeling of frustrations with the homeless will return as soon as their "suffering" is no longer useful.
The faux feeling for the small percentage of truckers is a lovely touch of propaganda and I am sure the feeling of apathy about them will return as soon as their "suffering" is no longer useful.

That statement you made is very true on all sides. Just insert whatever cause and victims and run with it.

This little side deal has been one big confusing mess.

I'm not against lifting mandates gradually. For instance, QR codes and capacity limits should be lifted immediately. Masking should still be in place to a degree (think crowded transit, LTRs, etc).

I would have also supported the truckers' protest (somewhat) if it had only been just that.

But this hasn't been about truckers or mandates since the original crowdfunding started (or even before that).

What is it about? Freedom?
Opposition of pressured vaccinations
Opposition of vaccine mandates
Anger towards the government because:
-they were voted in contrary to the popular vote
-their handling of Covid
-their vilifying Canadians and attacking anyone with opposing views
-back and forth contradictory rules
-<insert cause here>
Opportunists like right-wing extremists using it to push their views and agenda
An ambiguous feeling of lack of freedom by citizens and a way for them to express it
People who are bored

-their handling of Covid
-<insert cause here>
Opportunists like right-wing extremists using it to push their views and agenda
An ambiguous feeling of lack of freedom by citizens and a way for them to express it
People who are bored
That’s good list.

-their handling of Covid
-<insert cause here>
Opportunists like right-wing extremists using it to push their views and agenda <---- this one could be what it is mostly about
People who are bored

That. And then some.

Whatever it is about, I was told to Google it. So I did.

Not much support, according to the Angus Reid Institute today,

One-quarter say the strategy of the protesters is something they support (27%), while seven-in-ten (70%) disagree:

I suppose the emergencies act could be used to force tow trucks to remove trucks.

The faux feeling for the small percentage of truckers is a lovely touch of propaganda and I am sure the feeling of apathy about them will return as soon as their "suffering" is no longer useful.

That statement you made is very true on all sides. Just insert whatever cause and victims and run with it.
All those people on the roads cheering them where just holograms?

I suppose the emergencies act could be used to force tow trucks to remove trucks.
What would happen if they refused? I saw something to that effect but don’t know how something like that would even work.

What would happen if they refused? I saw something to that effect but don’t know how something like that would even work.
They get severe fines and/or go to jail. It's the same mechanism that would be used to introduce conscription. If it had been used at the start of covid, it could have forced PSW's back on the job and forced other health care workers out of retirement.

Back