• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Google's GMail (& invites)

how did you get the invites to send out? I already got one, (thanks hoser) but I am just curious.

The invites just pop up on your email account, every week or so, you get like 6 new ones or something.

Just got up and running on GMail (thanks again, Sundborg  :salute:) ...

If anyone's interested, and is using Firefox (instead of Internet Exploder), there's a handy-dandy extension for GMail that puts a little notifier icon on the taskbar: http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=173&vid=331

Note that I found out that it conflicts with WeatherFox (if you are using that extension as well), but is resolved in the 0.4 beta release, which I got from here: http://nexgenmedia.net/extensions/gm-notifier/

Cheers!

I love Gmail. The best part of it is you only have to log in once every 9 months. Unlike hotmail which is once every 30 days. This is great for travelers.

Goober said:
I love Gmail. The best part of it is you only have to log in once every 9 months. Unlike hotmail which is once every 30 days. This is great for travelers.

I'm sure for that you would have to remain on the same computer with the cookies.

Sundborg said:
I'm sure for that you would have to remain on the same computer with the cookies.

No, cookies have nothing to do with it. If you want, you can choose to stay logged in for 2 weeks at the same computer, if you want to save the time of typing in your password. But that has nothing to do with you account being deleted if you don't log in once in 9 months.

How do you invite people, or get invites to give to people?

If you have Gmail already, there will be invites given to you automatically, usually 6 at a time.  And then you just invite people with another email they have.

Ahh I haven't received any invites yet, I assume they will eventually come, thanks for the info!

Got some GMail invites if anyone is interested.  GMail accounts are ideal for our guys serving abroad, with a 1GB limit & no 30 day deactivation like hotmail.
PM me with name and email to send invite to.

Cheers,
Ditch
:salute: :cdn:

Yeah, I've got 6 invites as well if any of you guys need them and the original poster runs out, feel free to pm me.

I'd love to have one. If someone would care to send, I would appreciate it greatly.

chrisp1j@yahoo.com   

Thanks very much,

Chris

Back