• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just a few questions

Fly_Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
I started my application process on the weekend (SigOp 749 Comms Red Deer) I understand it will be a long time before I get sworn, but what happens between the time I get sworn in and when I start basic? will I get kit?, will I get paid? I'm allowed to parade with the squadron? just a couple questions thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have already been answered

You are entitled to kit when you are sworn in.  You will get paid for any days you parade with the Comms Sqn.  It will be up to the Comms Sqn if you will be allowed to parade.  At 14 Svc Bn, we allow our non-BMQ to parade with us.

Hey,

If you have any questions about being a reserve sig op, feel free to ask, there's a bunch of us on here who i'm sure can answer your questions.

I have a few questions to ask.I will try and keep them short and to the point.

After my aptitude testing, we were asked to write down our religion. Can someone inform me as to why this is needed? Are they looking or not looking for a specific minority?

Do any or all of the following factors exempt me from undergoing the pre security clearance?

1-Applicants who accompanied there parents out of the country due to there parents work.(My case)
2-Applicants who have turned 18 in Canada(My recruiter told me this but due to many posts that i have read stating that many recruiters unknowingly misinform potential recruits, i had to ask.)
3-Applicants who turned 16 in Canada or entered before 16?
4-Applicants who have lived more then 10 years in Canada but not continuously.

My last question is regarding applicants who are born in a scheduled country.I read some posts citing that they must undergo the pre sec.I have a couple of Friends who area born in the same country as I(Lebanon) which is a scheduled country and have not gone through the pre sec.?

P.s I am 19 years old, entered Canada when i was 6 years old.

Thanks

majidsabra said:
After my aptitude testing, we were asked to write down our religion. Can someone inform me as to why this is needed? Are they looking or not looking for a specific minority?
so they have something to write down on your dogtags. If you don't want to state your religion, simply say so. It has no bearing on your eligibility (unless your faith demands child sacrifice or something).

As for the rest, I'll leave that to an expert. However, I have personally served alongside soldiers who had been born in Lebanon, so it's hardly an impassable hurdle.

My recruiter told me this but due to many posts that i have read stating that many recruiters unknowingly misinform potential recruits, i had to ask.)

You can drop that attitude and go talk to your recruiter.

AND TRY USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

Enhanced Reliability Check (a.k.a. "Security Clearance")

See this addition to the Recruiting FAQ - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103981.html#msg103981

Back