• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just a question

Kv-super

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a question about an injury during dp1 infantry mod 2. I recently hurt my foot (sprain last Wednesday) and went to the MIR in meaford. They said it was ok and gave me a chit for 2 todays to exclude me from pt but I still had to walk around all day with a sprained foot, overall my foot hasn't healed and we are starting our defensive this Monday. I'm just afraid that if my foot doesn't heal I will get rtu'd, could this be the case for myself I really want to  complete this and I'm afraid this would impeded that.
Thank you for your insight!

Kv-super said:
I recently hurt my foot (sprain last Wednesday) and went to the MIR in meaford. They said it was ok and gave me a chit for 2 todays to exclude me from pt but I still had to walk around all day with a sprained foot, overall my foot hasn't healed and we are starting our defensive this Monday.

If you believe you will not be fit to return to regular duty on Monday, and your chit has expired, you should return to the MIR.

mariomike said:
If you believe you will not be fit to return to regular duty on Monday, and your chit has expired, you should return to the MIR.

Mariomike has the answer - If you are still not healed to a point where you can complete the training, you should go to the MIR.  This may mean you are unable to meet the training requirements and get RTUed however - but a genuine injury that will only get worse is something that should be taken care of.

Take the rtu if your foot isnt healed. Your feet knees and back are the lifeblood of your army career. Take care of them.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Take care of your health and heal. If that means RTU, good...your body needs it.

Get better, redo the course if needed and be stronger for a longer career.

Short term sucking it up, can cause long term problems.
These issues could be avoided by being serious about your personal health.

To echo the good advice here: Go get reassessed at the MIR. Be very clear to the MO that you want to complete your course now, but not if it risks permanent injury to your ankle. Heed the sound advice of that medical professional. The MO may tell you that you will be in some discomfort, but can complete course requirements. You won't know that until you see the Doc. Also, I would find it hard to believe the Doc would only give you 2 days no PT and allow you to walk everywhere if it was a serious sprain.

Back