• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Bill should check with the PBO on that.

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

According to Bill Blair, there may be a plan to get us to 2% being announced at the summit. We shall see.
I would rather listen to Joel Osteen than this bag of wind.

At least Osteen we know is a grifter. I am not sure what Blair is other than an LPC toady.

AGF Investment report even makes note of expected trade, investment, security cooperation and other difficulty Canada could have with D Trump as President, going so far as to label the situation as “Canada- the NATO Pariah.”
Ottawa had better come up with a serious defence capability spending plan on a very abridged timeline or this country is going to be wearing the dunce cap in the corner.

Ah yes, the good ol' 'Centralized Brigade Recruiting' scam. I'll assume this goes along with creating more Class B positions for 'deserving' members, as with similar efforts in the past. Be prepared for panicky and short notice requests for sitreps of various types, resembling the desperate ramblings from a distant, dying planet.

As always that's a senior leadership problem and, with senior leaders being largely unaccountable for their actions within ARes CBGs, I suspect you won't see many improvements while the parade square floors empty out ;)
That system created a lot of scum bags though, we had a recruiter that lied and told candidates every other trade was full. So people joined as supply or MSE, so on paper we recruited like a compnay. 80% then OT'd to the trade they wanted once they found out the truth.

It's as if he's on a different planet ... but he knows his base:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau delivered a climate address at the NATO summit in Washington on Tuesday, speaking about how climate change is an "existential environmental threat" and "one of the defining security issues of our time."

Sally Soccer Mom doesn’t care if we’re in NATO or not

She generally won't care until there's economic consequences. Same for governments. There's potential economic consequences to being left out of AUKUS, which is why the government is starting to care. There's also a building risk that trade deals start to lock out Canada, with the recent friendshoring trend. More than anything this is what might motivate Canadian action.

My unpopular opinion is we need more dog and ponies, just targeted better.

We 100% do. I attended the Centennial Flypast on Canada Day. I have never seen a public reaction like that. We need to start doing stuff like this outside of airshows.

We 100% do. I attended the Centennial Flypast on Canada Day. I have never seen a public reaction like that. We need to start doing stuff like this outside of airshows.
And on NSP and CG, public reaction is generally positive. We should really do more like that, like freedom of the city parades.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau delivered a climate address at the NATO summit in Washington on Tuesday, speaking about how climate change is an "existential environmental threat" and "one of the defining security issues of our time."

Mother of god.

And I don't mean Margret....

I...

Wow. What in the actual hell is he talking about?

Spain may be a free loader but that 1.3% allows them to field 8 regular maneuver brigades, artillery and engineer brigades, plus 3 garrison brigades. Their Air Force has 9 fighter squadrons, while the Navy is relatively small but still contains a power projection capability with and air crafter carrier, and their newest ships will arrive next year.
I mean on paper, we have 9 Inf Bns, etc etc.

The question is to what percentage they are crewed, what percentage are the fighters (and other equipment) serviceable, and most importantly, how well (or not) their troops are paid.

The CAF is still near the top for pay in comparison to other NATO nations. Maybe slipping a bit further down with Finland and Sweden in the mix, but probably not bc of conscription (and high COL for those countries).

WTAF? JFC… 🤦‍♂️

Unpopular opinion here. He's not wrong that climate change is a threat multiplier. That said, saying you face major threats and then not equipping your response forces isn't exactly sincere.

As for his base.... Who exactly are they? All the 25 year olds who voted for him in 2015 are now 35 and mad about housing. They are less concerned about climate change now.

Unpopular opinion here. He's not wrong that climate change is a threat multiplier. That said, saying you face major threats and then not equipping your response forces isn't exactly sincere.

As for his base.... Who exactly are they? All the 25 year olds who voted for him in 2015 are now 35 and mad about housing. They are less concerned about climate change now.
The US Govt (and military) has said climate change was a major threat for years.

Especially with the instability it'll cause in the third world. Climate change most certainly is a security threat because it'll drive people to do desperate shit. The broken clock is right twice a day.

Back