• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Last minute Change

The Viking

Inactive
Reaction score
This might sound like an odd question, but, I am very close (two weeks from the job offer call) to Component transferring into Comms Research. This was my first choice because I was under the impression that for a CF member to get into Reg force Int they needed to already be in the reg force and have a reg force QL 4. Basically, my question is , is it possible to call in and change my 1st choice this close to a job offer? Would I need to go in for another Interview? Or is it best to take the current job offer and do the Continuing occupational transfer program after my initial Contract. Your help would be much appreciated.

Go talk to the recruiters.  If you can change your trade choice and get an offer within a reasonable amount of time, it may be fore the best if that places you in the trade you ultimately want.  If you take the current trade choice, and your only motivation for it is as a stepping stone, you will eventually regret not choosing otherwise if you could have had your preferred choice sooner by another route.

If you were not interviewed for Int Op on the first time round, you will need an update interview.  Your can change your choices up to the day you enroll - however it might slow the process down substantially.

There are not many Int Op positions left, and a fair number of people asking for that occupation.  All Int Officer positions have been filled for this year.  On the other hand, there are still a number of Comm Rsch positions open.

If you do enroll into Comm Rsch expect to be there for at least 3-4 years.  After that it is a competition to do OT, and depends on the health of the occupation you are in as to how many are allowed to OT out to a different trade.

Also keep in mind that Int Op falls under a different OT plan and set of rules than Comm Rsch so you may need to redo your entire application. In all honesty, I'd recommend sticking with Comm Rsch, you might be surprised...

Thanks very much for the help. I believe I will be sticking with Comms Rsch.

Back