• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leafs finally break losing streak.

Jacob said:
The Leafs lost in a shootout tonight.  I guess last night's win was a tease

Yeah they did but at least they got a point out of it.........more then the Habs can brag about................and what's up with Theodore anyways?

The Leafs lost in a shootout tonight.  I guess last night's win was a tease

I still believe that shootouts have no place in hockey...

But yeah, thats my gripe with Bettman and those occasional fans that he's trying to attract.  I love the logic the dictated that fans in the US didn't watch the game because of a possibility of a tie....

sheerin said:

I agree.  It seems like a waste of a game to have the outcome decided by a shootout.

Sheerin said:

I'm torn on this one. I have been to a couple of games with shootouts this year and it is very exciting. However, it is not much fun for the teams that played a good team game to get the tie and have little in the way of natural fire power or goaltending. I love watching the moves these guys are making to get the goalie to commit early. You would rarely see them in a tight game especially from a guy like Malik! <a href="http://media.spikedhumor.com/8192/32922510557.wmv"> Watch Malik's shootout goal here </a>

Oh don't get me wrong, the shootout can produce some excitment, I just don't feel it should used to determine the winner of the game.  Even when the leafs win in a shootout I find the win to be very anti-climatic.  Whereas a loss really irkes me, especially in a game like Tuesday where they played exceptionally well only to lose it in a shootout.

My intial argument against it stil stands, it turns a team sport into an individual game. 

Sheerin said:
Oh don't get me wrong, the shootout can produce some excitment, I just don't feel it should used to determine the winner of the game.  Even when the leafs win in a shootout I find the win to be very anti-climatic.  Whereas a loss really irkes me, especially in a game like Tuesday where they played exceptionally well only to lose it in a shootout.

My intial argument against it stil stands, it turns a team sport into an individual game. 

I agree totally with you! The shootout blows and so does the Commissioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next game is tonight against Washington or New Jersey I believe buts it's on Pay per view >:(

If anybody has that Leafs channel you'll have to tell me what the score is.  Oh well, at least there's hockey night in Canada tomorrow night.

GOLF LEAFS GOLF!!!  >:D

sens2.jpg

Crap, I just puked all over my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in the playoffs!!!!

They won on Saturday against New Jersey.  I see a comeback ::).  Next Game is tonight.  Think we'll get 2 in a row?

Jacob said:
They won on Saturday against New Jersey.  I see a comeback ::).  Next Game is tonight.  Think we'll get 2 in a row?

Damn right, Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I lost track...which of the Leaf's losing streak this season is broken?

Armymedic said:

Pick a number, it has been a long year but hey, my ankles are in great shape, I haven't jumped off or on the band wagon. I have seen them through the 80's and if we can get through that era, this bump in the road aint nothing!

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!

You know with the weather we have been having lately the Leafs can just give up right now and start playing Golf early! >:D ;D
GO SENS GO!!!

p.s. Havlat is comming back pretty soon so we'll be unstoppable!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Armymedic said:

This was started after the Leafs won against the Florida Panthers following an 8 game losing streak. The longest losing streak they've had since 1996.

Hey Hey  :)

Leafs Beat Atlanta 4-1.  One more win and it'll be a WINNING streak.  8)

The Leafs just beat Montreal 5-3 after another 5 game losing streak putting them in 10th place

I am the furthest thing from a leafs fan but who do you think they should trade on the upcoming trade deadline?

I was watching the game last night on TSN and they had a poll on who T.O. should trade. I think it had 57% suggesting Belfour should go. (he would have to waive his no trade clause though)

Back