• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major pay problem

The Dunnminator

Inactive
Reaction score
I transfered from infantry reserve (2 years and a half, was a cpl) to air operations with the rotp. I was told by the recruiting centre that I was going to be paid as a pvt but my ULO told me I was going to be paid as an ocdt. Does anybody know who is right and why?

Read up CBI chapter 204, it states what you should be paid at.  I had a similar problem and i had to talk to the pay clerks many times before I had my pay readjusted to reflect my prior service.

Thanks for the advice I just found my answer in it.

204.211(10) (Officer Cadet – former noncommissioned
member) An officer cadet who is
appointed directly to that rank from a noncommissioned
rank shall be paid:

(b) if the member was a former Regular Force
member who re-enrolled or a member who
transferred from the Reserve Force to the
Regular Force, at the rate of pay, including
any upward adjustments to the rates of pay,
in CBI 204.30 (Pay – Non-commissioned
members) for:

(i) the rank, pay level and trade group that
they would have received had they
enrolled directly as a non-commissioned
member as determined in orders or
instructions issued by the Chief of the
Defence Staff, at the pay increment
determined by CBI 204.015 (Pay
Increments); or

(ii) any higher pay increment to which the
officer would have become entitled under
CBI 204.015 (Pay Increments) had the
officer remained in the former rank, pay
level and trade group as a noncommissioned
member.

Yeah thats the exact one where my situation applied.

The Dunnminator said:
I transfered from infantry reserve (2 years and a half, was a cpl) to air operations with the rotp. I was told by the recruiting centre that I was going to be paid as a pvt but my ULO told me I was going to be paid as an ocdt. Does anybody know who is right and why?

The earlier responses provide you with the right info.  At one time to get into ROTP the applicant had to give up the right for pay.  The arguments pro and con went on for years, but the end result was the decision that a person in the Reserves was after all in the CF, and so had a form of "vested pay rights".

That being said, I expect that in the future, to avoid these types of issues, that instead of being transferred to ROTP, the Reservist who has reached trained status will be in competition for the in-service subsidized education programs (UTPNCM) and not for ROTP.

This has already started to happen (to a very limited extent), in an administrative fashion. There are currently 2 former Reservists who are "technically" ROTP (as of May, there might be more with the start of a new year), but belong to Otter Sqn and are fully administered by them.

Wook

Back