• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meaford Thread- Merged

Sharpshooter

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if the shacks in Meaford have internet access, eg wireless, or a place where you can plug into the wall, Ive been there before but i forget if they have anything. If not where would one go to get access. Im going to be on another course in the summer and I run a successful company on the internet so I have to keep up with things. Thanks.

I don't even remember there being electrical sockets in the shacks  :p... I think the wireless internet access is a negative, never heard of it The only internet access that I know of is in the room over by the CANEX or something where there are computers you can use that have it. But on course, you never know how often you are able to go there, so good luck!

Depending upon what type of wireless services you already have and how profitable your business is you may want to consider using one of the 1x type networks offered by all three of the major PCS carriers: Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless and TELUS Mobility.

You can see the Bell coverage, as an example, here: http://www.businessonthego1.com/english/pdf/Ontaio_Quebec.pdf

1x provides nearly two-times dial-up speed.

or if you dont want to spend that much money go for dial-up speed from fido for half the price. www.fido.ca Service is kinda bad but its cheaper.

Depending upon what type of wireless services you already have and how profitable your business is you may want to consider using one of the 1x type networks offered by all three of the major PCS carriers: Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless and TELUS Mobility.

That would be a good idea, but if I didn't know better, I would say they jam cell phone signals in Meaford.  The minute I leave base I have a signal....then when I get back, it's gone....errie... :eek:

I noticed the same thing Warrior...

I would be standing outside the shacks with no signal... yet we drove 200m past the gate and I get a full signal.. definetly eerie!

The jamming comes from the same room that has the weather control knob in Range Control....
LOL

AM

a23trucker said:
The jamming comes from the same room that has the weather control knob in Range Control....

Are you saying there is a Knob in Meaford Range Control who controls the weather?     ;D

The 'Signal Loss' may be due to the amount of 'metal' in the ground on that fine piece of land.... ;D

Any more Mudford theories?    :warstory:

alright thansk for your helps guys im loking into your solutions and ill elt you know what i decide

you run a sucessful business.... and you want to go to Meaford?
Hrm...  I stay in business rather than go to Meaford.

Ghostwalk said:
Or its just that God hates Meaford...

Being the resident God Expert.. I concur!

Trinity said:
you run a sucessful business.... and you want to go to Meaford?
Hrm...   I stay in business rather than go to Meaford.

Being the resident God Expert.. I concur!

Oh you are an expert now are you ?  ;D

**watches for lightning**

aesop081 said:
**watches for lightning**

lightening.jpg

;D

aesop081 said:
I'm not convinced !!

What?  Thomas

Must you thrust your hands in my side and place your fingers
into the mark of the nails to believe?

(religious joke... John 20:25)

The cell phone signal at Downsview in Toronto does the same thing as in Meaford

Just an FYI. My husband is in Meaford right now and has called me from his cell phone (Rogers) with no problems. Hope this helps. :)

Cell phones do not work on the base at Meaford because of the location of the base...it is up on top of the escarpment...the call phone tower that services it is down below the hill...that is why you can get a full signal almost as soon as you leave the gates and start down the hill!!  Hope this helps!!!

Hi, my boy friend is doing his BMQ/SQ training in Meaford, I was wondering if anyone knows how i can contact him, either by phone or letters.  I do not have an address to send them to, or a phone number I can get a hold of him with. He has been gone since the 17th and I haven't heard form him yet, I pray that i will soon.

This is his second time in Meaford training, but the first time I've had to see him go, so I really don't know what is going on.

Thanks
        Sarah

Back