• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

It's an HLVW wrecker.    ;D

And some armoured thingie with wheels.    ;D

Wouldnt have wanted to be driving that lav. Can only imagine the face of the crew commander when he realised what he'd done...

CEEBEE501 said:
What about the poor driver?  :-[
Thats why i wouldnt have wanted to be driving it! If i'd done that to a couple of my crewies i'd be out and running before they got a chance to impart their wisdom through the medium of large, metal objects. :p

Looks like the results of my attempt to fix the radios while trying to find the CD player while answering my cell phone on a road test.  ;D

Ya know,

That might make a great contribution to the Safety Digest....

We'd just have to make sure we used the plate number to track down (pun intended) the person here who actually perpetrated it!

It wasn't me.  I've only ever driven a Leopard, and a Frigate.

NS

Ok,

And since no-one has posted the next in line yet, I'll give a teaser. 

This one is 1/5 scale, and is going to be big enough for my son to drive it.

It's a semi-scale item, but the frame is pretty close.

Can anyone guess what it's going to end up being?

PzKW IV Tiger 1, guessing from the wheel spacing, glacis plate design and slope of the sponsons over what I'm guessing will be the tracks at the rear.

Cool, you should put a paintball gun in the turrent, or water gun. And lock away the cats  :p

Ayup. 

Tiger 1.

It's going to be "mostly" scale.

As a sop to my manufacturing tolerances, and readily available road wheel sizes, I'm using 7 wheels per side (interleaved) instead of 8 sets. 

It's going to have a fully sprung suspension using torsion bars, and the tracks are going to be a pair of #60 roller chains with plates on them.  (Got one of them started already.)

The turret will be equipped with a couple of armament options.  First will be the mini-airsoft gun from Canuckistan Tire (a little Mini-MP-5 that's going to get chopped down a bunch) and the primary armament will be a nerf gun of some sort.  I've got enough reserve space to fit an air cylinder in it, so it'll be pneumatically fired.

I figure the boy will be the terror of the neighbourhood once it's running! 

When he outgrows it, I'll R/C it and play with it myself :)

Next!

NS

I picked up a pair of small surplus wheelchair motors. 

Hope it'll be enough!

NS

Well i have this picture in my files and I can't remember what it is, I took it from the internet.

9cd58ed96532kn4.jpg

I remember seeing this at the PNE. It's the heavy armoured ring toss

Back