• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army.ca Swag

Mike Bobbitt said:
I've got a few medium Milnet shirts, but it looks like I'm out for Army.ca shirts. I will be doing another order, but not just yet... still trying to save our cash for the UPS. A bit of a catch-22 I guess!

Thanks
Mike

Mike, buddy, dude ...

Talk to your wife.  :D  We girls are really looking for a ladies fitted "T" ... with a bit of swag to it!!  ;)  Your wife will be able to explain it to you.  8)

Any plans to have stuff for the Navy.ca or Air-Force.ca types?

Yeah in time I do plan to create swag for all of them. In the short term I need to replace the Milnet swag. When we have a bit more in the bank I'll register the crests (around $150) and start to get odds and sods.

Based on my exposure to NOMEX use & to the Air Force, I assume as long as they are blue & cotton then the Air types can wear them under flight suits?

MCG said:
Based on my exposure to NOMEX use & to the Air Force, I assume as long as they are blue & cotton then the Air types can wear them under flight suits?

Has to be 100% cotton for that.

You're in luck... the shirts I order are 100% pre-shrunk cotton.

Hey Mike, how about Army.ca beer mugs or pint glasses? I'd think that those would sell good ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Has to be 100% cotton for that.
Unlike the issued ones.

And I'd prefer mine with Army.ca, please. Having to ruin perfectly good operational uniforms with blue crap is revolting, but I'd buy blue T-shirts with Army.ca on them.

Mike:

Have you examined services like www.cafepress.com?  They provide a production on demand service; that way, you aren't obliged to carry inventory, and can offer an array of products and see what sells.

Plus, who wouldn't want to get their loved ones an army.ca thong for Christmas?

Hi dataperson,

I did check it out a while ago - I think on your suggestion. It's one those things that I gave a cursory glance to but need to review in a bit more detail. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers
Mike

Some of you may have already seen my post in the Army Run thread, but for those who missed it, Army.ca performance shirts are now available. These are the lightweight "dry wick" shirts that have become fairly populare over the last few years. I know I have a few and love them - no small part in my motivation to get branded ones I guess. :)

The shirts are ready and I'll be picking them up later on today. I can ship tomorrow morning for anyone who orders today. Unfortunately I'm on the road next week but will be able to ship again by the 12th. For those doing the Army Run you may want to order soon, or I can find you and hand deliver the shirt on the day of the run. (Save yourself $4 shipping that way.)

The rest of the info is a duplicate of what's in the Army Run thread. Sizes are as follows:

• M:  5
  • L:   9
  • XL: 5
  • 2XL: 3

The colour is black, with a small embroidered Army.ca logo. I've asked for the logo to be free of the "nipple chafe" zone. For any equipment enthusiasts, (and I know you're out there) here are the specs on the shirts:

• 7.4-oz, 100% wicking polyester double mesh
  • Self fabric neck
  • Partial neck taping
  • Tagless screened label
  • Reinforced topstitching throughout
  • Side slits

And for the real keeners, sizing info: http://www.sanmarcanada.com/specsheets/S451SizeSpecs.pdf

Here's a mock-up of what the shirts will look like:

Performance-Shirt-Large.png

I'll try to post some actual photos of the shirts this weekend. If anyone has any questions, fire away! Hopefully we'll see some of these hitting the road for the Army Run. :)

ArmyVern said:
Don't you mean your mom's?  ;)
She let's me keep some in my wallet now, but I'm not allowed to touch it unless she's there :D

-Dead

Ok, took a shirt for a test run (literlly) last night, and I was happy with the quality. Here's the mandatory product shot:

main.php

Not working....

EDIT:...and now that I'm not heading up this weekend Barry and I will get those shirts the day before the army run.

Sounds good Bruce. When you say "not working" what do you mean? The image looks fine* for me logged in and out.

* Fine being in the eye of the beholder. ;)

I got a square box with an x inside it........................it does resemble you, but I don't see the shirt.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Sounds good Bruce. When you say "not working" what do you mean? The image looks fine* for me logged in and out.

* Fine being in the eye of the beholder. ;)

All I see is the dreaded red X.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ok, took a shirt for a test run (literlly) last night, and I was happy with the quality. Here's the mandatory product shot:

main.php

Security Violation
The action you attempted is not permitted.

Back to the Gallery

Should we move this to the "A Thread About The Legality of Using Others Bandwidth- Renamed From the Original" Thread ?      ;D

Back