• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canadian Shipbuilding Strategy

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date
I generally a fan of Seaspan, but I think they are stretching the truth on the CCG vessels they built are "Ice breakers" Perhaps ice strengthened.

I generally a fan of Seaspan, but I think they are stretching the truth on the CCG vessels they built are "Ice breakers" Perhaps ice strengthened.

Polar Class 4 is an icebreaker if the Coast Guard considers the ones Davie are building icebreakers which are equivalent.

Polar Class 4 is an icebreaker if the Coast Guard considers the ones Davie are building icebreakers which are equivalent.
Isnt Davie building 1 Polar Icebreaker PC2 and 6 Medium Icebreakers PC3?

edit

and the MPV's from Seaspan are PC4(like you said) so more than the AOPS?

In the end a modern fleet of

2 PC2 Polar Icebreakers
6 PC3 Medium Icebreakers
15 PC4 MPV
8 PC4/5 AOPS

They edited their release. Previously it said they had already delivered 3 ice breakers and working on a fourth. I think some newbie PR person equated CCG vessel with "ice breaker" and after publication the error was pointed out to them.

Acceptance of new naval tugs end of August:

PvNrx7S.jpeg

s0zWISj.jpeg

Acceptance of new naval tugs end of August:

PvNrx7S.jpeg

s0zWISj.jpeg

Much more powerful I notice than the older tugs. That's nice to see, means they will be more use in worse weather, and they'll easily be able to handle JSS and CSC.

Much more powerful I notice than the older tugs. That's nice to see, means they will be more use in worse weather, and they'll easily be able to handle JSS and CSC.
They also come with better response to fires; no foam but they'll have two large capacity fire monitors that should have enough reach for bigger ships like JSS or some of the large cargo carriers coming into Halifax for cooling the hull.

Back