• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Majority Government 2022-2026 (?)

And heads will likely explode again as they try supporting Blue while they govern like Red lol.
I've never been against green power like wind farms. I was totally against the contracts that the Liberals were floating with developers that gave them exorbitant fees for the power that they generated. A reasonable and sustainable supply is a good idea. Personally, I'm a fan of cheep nuclear power to provide cheap power to our manufacturing sector to help boost industry as it did in the post WW2 era.

🍻

I've never been against green power like wind farms. I was totally against the contracts that the Liberals were floating with developers that gave them exorbitant fees for the power that they generated. A reasonable and sustainable supply is a good idea. Personally, I'm a fan of cheep nuclear power to provide cheap power to our manufacturing sector to help boost industry as it did in the post WW2 era.

🍻
AB and SK should be powerhouses of power, not powerhouses of O&G.

But Canada and Canadians are experts at missing opportunities.

🍻
blame that on the IESO that said it couldnt be done now wind and solar are the cheapest electricity out there and have been for some time

blame that on the IESO that said it couldnt be done now wind and solar are the cheapest electricity out there and have been for some time
Building and maintaining the infrastructure is a bit pricey but the rates paid were astronomical incentives.

I think that we're also missing the boat on hydro - both river systems and wave and tide generated. But all that said, SMRs are needed to a) replace older less efficient nuclear systems and b) provide for surge demand and the intermittent nature of renewable resource power generators (assuming storage of power at scale will remain an issue.)

🍻

Building and maintaining the infrastructure is a bit pricey but the rates paid were astronomical incentives.

I think that we're also missing the boat on hydro - both river systems and wave and tide generated. But all that said, SMRs are needed to a) replace older less efficient nuclear systems and b) provide for surge demand and the intermittent nature of renewable resource power generators (assuming storage of power at scale will remain an issue.)

🍻
I dont know what the FIT rates were but the micro FIT went from 80 cents to 80/40 roof/ground to eventually last I knew 40/20 for solar. Most of the issues seem to be Ontario issue or even N American. Right now solar and battery storage are kicking everything else so hard. Wind is a little behind

Back