• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Raise For Fiscal Year 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but will there be backpay at all?

The last increase we recieved, left a pretty decent chunk of cash in my bank account.  ;D

CFL said:
"from my running group"

is that were we get our int from now? ;)

Hey, a good source is a good source...all the int guys will do is tell you that this info seems to jive with reporting from other sources, that it strongly indicates that we'll likely recieve definitive word of a pay raise in the next few months, and then ask nicely for the guy's phone number once the briefing is over...  ;D

:dontpanic:

Patrolman,

I'm not part of that running group of yours. From what I remember from last year, that 2.4% that we're getting this year has already being discussed and approved last year. So, in fact, we're not supposed to wait for it. I don't know when we'll be getting it, but I didn't hear anything about negotiations this year about this...

Hopefully, that raise will get there in time, without any glitches (pipe dream???).

"from my non-perfect memory",

Delavan

I too was curious if we were getting a pay raise as of 1 Apr 06 (start of FY 06/07).  I asked the Chief Clerk of my unit, who then asked the Base Borden OR if they had heard of any raise.  The response was that they had not heard of anything.  It did NOT state whether or not we are getting a raise.  Also, I extensively searched the CANFORGENS for 2006 and found no reference to pay raises at all.  If the CANFORGEN has been released, it would have been posted on the VCDS intranet site.  Also, I checked the CANFORGENS that related to pay for 2005 and there is NO reference to FY 06/07 at all.  Therefore, officially, there is nothing out yet on any pay raise for FY 06/07.
Leading up to last year's pay raise and previous ones, typically update CANFORGENS were released.  They updated us on when we could expect the raise and to let us know that the implementation of the raise was delayed.  We then received back pay for the appropriate time back to the FY beginning.
All that said, if we do get a pay raise (and I'm hoping we do), any raise will definitely go back to the start of FY 06/07, which is 1 Apr 06.  It typically takes 15 days to make any changes to anyones pay due to the pay cycles.  So, if we're lucky and the pay raise is announced in April, expect to get the raise, along with any back pay, in May or June.

Info above is valid as I did the research and contacting of pers myself.

CANFORGEN 033/05 CDS 010 151335Z FEB 05
FY 04/05 AND 05/06 PAY INCREASES
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CANFORGEN 155/04 ADM(HR-MIL) 083 171309Z DEC 04

THE MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEFENCE IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING INCREASES TO PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES

CF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS

EFFECTIVE 1 APR 04

(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.25 PERCENT AND

(2) AN ADJUSTMENT OF 4.25 PERCENT TO RESTORE COMPARABILITY WITH THE PUBLIC SERVICE (PS)

(3) EXAMPLES OF AMT OF BACK PAY BEFORE DEDUCTIONS. CPL STD IPC4 WILL RECEIVE BACK PAY OF APPROX 3120 DOLLARS WHEREAS CWO IPC4 WILL RECEIVE APPROX 4824 DOLLARS

EFFECTIVE 1 APR 05 AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.4 PERCENT

CF GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO)/PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW) AND MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND 2LT) WILL RECEIVE

EFFECTIVE 1 APR 04

(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.25 PERCENT AND

(2) AN ADJUSTMENT OF 1.03 PERCENT TO RESTORE COMPARABILITY WITH THE PS

(3) EXAMPLES OF BACKPAY BEFORE DEDUCTIONS. 2LT WILL RECEIVE FROM 1128 DOLLARS TO 2088 DOLLARS, CAPT GSO IPC10 2604 DOLLARS AND LCOL GSO IPC4 3288 DOLLARS

EFFECTIVE 1 APR 05

(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.4 PERCENT AND

(2) THERE ARE STILL A LARGE NUMBER OF LAPSED AGREEMENTS FOR PS GROUPS. SHOULD THE SETTLEMENT RATES FOR LAPSED AGREEMENTS FOR THE BENCHMARKED PUBLIC SERVICE GROUPS EVENTUALLY PROVE TO BE HIGHER THAN THE PAY ADJUSTMENTS AWARDED TO AFFECTED OFFICERS FOR FISCAL YEARS 2003/2004, 2004/2005 AND 2005/2006, TB APPROVAL WILL BE SOUGHT TO AUTHORIZE LUMP SUMS OF PAY IN THE AMOUNT OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ECONOMIC INCREASE APPROVED FOR GSOS FOR FY 2005/2006 AND THE AMOUNT OF THE PAY ADJUSTMENT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR FY 2005/2006 HAD THE PUBLIC SERVICE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETED

ENVIRONMENTAL AND SPECIAL ALLOWANCES WILL BE ADJUSTED AS FOLLOWS

(A) EFF 1 APR 04 5.68 PERCENT AND

(B) EFF 1 APR 05 2.4 PERCENT

THE ABOVE INCREASES SHOULD BE REFLECTED IN THE END MAR 05 PAY FOR MOST CF MEMBERS

THE REVISED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE DGCB INTERNET SITE AT HTTP://WWW.DND.CA/HR/DPPD// AND INTRANET HTTP://HR.DWAN.DND.CA/DGCB/DPPD/

Last Updated: 2005-02-15    Important notices 

Says nothing definite regarding increases this FY, only if the outstanding settlements will result in a increase for COLA.

::)  Get real!  Are you not able to go in to visit your Pay Clerk and find out for yourself? 

It's possible something will be announced in the budget (taking care of the troops by giving them x% increase).  I suspect we will hear more on 2 May or slightly thereafter.

There was some sort of meeting on the air side, don't ask me when or who, but the sqn chief sent an email based on this information.  Unofficially, there is going to be a pay raise back dated to 1 Apr 06, probably not coming out until Oct 06.  Hopefully in the 2% range, as were the previous raises.

2% eh?  Does that applies to Officer Cadet's pay to?

That would be sweet if it does.  I might be able to buy the good toilet paper now, the 2 ply! ;D

(In good humour ;))

Quag said:
2% eh?  Does that applies to Officer Cadet's pay to?

That would be sweet if it does.  I might be able to buy the good toilet paper now, the 2 ply! ;D

(In good humour ;))

When they announce pay raises it goes to all ranks....sometimes they increase NCMs more than officers...as in the raise of 2001....but other times it's a blanket across the board.

2 ply???? Sir, with all due respect, I think you chose the wrong side.........  ;D  I just saw the other day in the F-16 barrack block a Trooper (Thats right, a bloody Private!) pulled into the parking lot with his new Porsche Boxter. Ah, to be a young Trooper living in the barracks with no bills......................  ; ;)

Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty good guy - I can't say I know anyone that doesn't like him.............. Sweet ride he's got........

Yep he was at my house with it this summer.Cant imagine I only had a television to show for my first three years.Dam shots!
cant wait to get this pay raise...maybe I can buy a model porche for my computer desk.Im happy we aint getting it right away....perfer back pay.

rcac_011 said:
Yep he was at my house with it this summer.Cant imagine I only had a television to show for my first three years.Dam shots!
cant wait to get this pay raise...maybe I can buy a model porche for my computer desk.Im happy we aint getting it right away....perfer back pay.

Can't wait to get what pay raise? Nothing has been stated in CANFORGENs or anything else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back