• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous dui

BCstangWA

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering, I completely forgot this happened, but last year I had a dui, I didn't have to go to court but ICBC suspended my license for 3 months. I was wondering if anyone had a problem with this,  I read In another section that a few guys did not it just slowed the process a bit and they were offered jobs. Also In September last year I think I had a small bag of weed with me from the dispensary like 2 grams and happened to be driving down a bad street. A cop pulled me over first thought I was a drug dealer, then I told him I was not, then he found d the weed and suspected I was high when I wasn't I was actually just taking it home and said I was high and wrote that In the report. Would this affect my chances of me getting in, (have a note from doctor for insomnia ) but what about the DUI? Thanks  :cdn: also after the CFAT they made me fill out a sheet with drug use and alcohol. I said that I used marijuana In the past and alcohol and the career advisor said not to worry just no more from hence on because there is a no tolerance for it was kind of relieved by that.

I searched DUI in "search" and read every thread on comment on a DUI, everyones saying they were accepted with a DUI thank god and godbless, even for the ones that got arrested for it in which I did not, but most are saying they had to wait extra time, some said they did not have to wait it just depends I guess.

Thanks

Don't worry about those 2 things. All they'll do is delay your application a few more months. A friend of mine applied the same time as I did. He was accepted in 6 months. I was accepted just under 1 year because I had a criminal background and tattoo problems. As well I was truthful on my application and said when I was younger, I did some pretty heavy drugs.

If I got in with all of that, you'll be fine! But yea, don't do any kind of drug anymore, it's zero tolerance, and plus, drugs are bad.

Good luck and Cheers

Hey! I talked to a lawyer that helped me out in the past with something in an accident that wasnt my fauly, I was smashed in an intersection, but in any case!
It turns out I was neither charged, nor convicted! THANK GOD! because if I had been charged they would have arrested me and taken me to the police station to get further stuff done, also a court ordered suspension! Thank god! SO I guess I dont have any criminal record says the lawyer!!

I hope everything is alright and everyone has no problems and gets in!

GODBLESS!! :cdn: :salute: :warstory:

airforce2714 said:
Hey I was just wondering, I completely forgot this happened, but last year I had a dui, I didn't have to go to court but ICBC suspended my license for 3 months. I was wondering if anyone had a problem with this,  I read In another section that a few guys did not it just slowed the process a bit and they were offered jobs. Also In September last year I think I had a small bag of weed with me from the dispensary like 2 grams and happened to be driving down a bad street. A cop pulled me over first thought I was a drug dealer, then I told him I was not, then he found d the weed and suspected I was high when I wasn't I was actually just taking it home and said I was high and wrote that In the report. Would this affect my chances of me getting in, (have a note from doctor for insomnia ) but what about the DUI? Thanks  :cdn: also after the CFAT they made me fill out a sheet with drug use and alcohol. I said that I used marijuana In the past and alcohol and the career advisor said not to worry just no more from hence on because there is a no tolerance for it was kind of relieved by that.
Hey there, I also had a license suspension when I was 17 (but as I was a minor) they could not ask about that.
But I also have been charged (and convicted as an adult) with a few thing and I went through a hefty processing lol, took me forever and it took me A LOT of paperwork and chats, but I was offered and a job as they've seen I was younger and dumber and I've learnt from my mistakes and I will be heading to BMQ in August. :) good luck with your processing and maybe cross paths In Quebec !

Back