• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prime minister apologizes to reporter but doesn't remember why?

recceguy said:
The left will have to stop demanding the removal of people on a whim or false allegation. The accused will simply have to demand equal treatment as that to the PM.

Just to be fair, I don't think you can count Patrick Brown and the Ontario PC party as left....

Thanks for finding that one tiny, insignificant piece of fly shit in the pepper Bruce. Your input is as valuable as ever. There are many that would disagree with you about Brown being on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOFB31ABf4

recceguy said:
Thanks for finding that one tiny, insignificant piece of fly crap in the pepper Bruce. Your input is as valuable as ever. There are many that would disagree with you about Brown being on the right.

How is that insignificant?  The Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario are the ones that refused to let him run even as an MP based on allegations.  Seems to me the right is doing it just as much as the left.

Yes, they did.

But what choice did they have in the climate of that time, when everybody accused was presumed to be guilty?

Had he stayed on, that would have been the Liberal and NDP prime focus during the campaign.

Loachman said:
Yes, they did.

But what choice did they have in the climate of that time, when everybody accused was presumed to be guilty?

Had he stayed on, that would have been the Liberal and NDP prime focus during the campaign.

I'm not arguing that.  Just that what Bruce posted was relevant and on point.

Had Brown been the PM I suppose he could have reflected on what allegedly happened and decided he was moving forward without an independent investigation.

Jarnhamar said:
Had Brown been the PM I suppose he could have reflected on what allegedly happened and decided he was moving forward without an independent investigation.

He can, now that the PM has pressed the reset button on his values and feminist approach. 

Something tells me we'll be hearing less feminist pontification from the Prime Minister.

Remius said:
He can, now that the PM has pressed the reset button on his values and feminist approach. 

Something tells me we'll be hearing less feminist pontification from the Prime Minister.

I’d put money on him doubling his efforts, in order to show some contrition without actually admitting any guilt.

Kat Stevens said:
I’d put money on him doubling his efforts, in order to show some contrition without actually admitting any guilt.

I wouldn't take that bet ;)

Either way I think the damage is done.

Why has this thread been "pinned" so that it always appears at the top of the thread board? 

AFAIK that is not normally done - indeed the only other pin is about how to talk about politics on Army.ca....

PPCLI Guy said:
Why has this thread been "pinned" so that it always appears at the top of the thread board? 

AFAIK that is not normally done - indeed the only other pin is about how to talk about politics on Army.ca....

I hadn't noticed.  But it is a good question.

Correct. Unstickied.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau-groping-allegation-1.4738492

Hypocrisy is at the crux of the Trudeau groping allegation

The prime minister and his defenders are asking for a type of consideration previously denied to others

This is about hypocrisy — not about what did or did not happen at a music festival 18 years ago.

It is about "believing women," until it happens to you; about taking all allegations of sexual misconduct seriously, except if they happen to pass some arbitrary expiration date. It is about employing an unwavering zero-tolerance policy, which, in practice, ends up showing some tolerance for the man at the top.

It is about having one set of standards for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and another set of standards to everyone else. That's the issue. Not what did or did not happen in Creston, B.C.

And from the article, on bringing up alligations from the past without concent

Ironically, there is at least one recent occasion when a private allegation was put on the public record without the complainants' express permission: That is, in late 2014 when Trudeau went public with allegations against MPs Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti, without telling the women involved — two NDP MPs — in advance. The women felt blindsided according to the NDP whip at the time.

Did Trudeau consult with "the experts" on that one too?

Remainder of the article at the link

Jarnhammer, that is exactly what I was saying.

And this is the CBC reporting this. 

Maybe now Scheer will stop asking about swing sets and the opposition might have something more substantial to go after him in the fall. 

Remius said:

Maybe now Scheer will stop asking about swing sets and the opposition might have something more substantial to go after him in the fall.

I guess this tweet didn't age well, eh?

https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/status/390904041808867328?lang=en

DSlCA6pVwAE4EKq.jpg

PuckChaser said:

Like a Canadian version of <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/">Trump Criticizes Trump</a>.

With only 121 likes and 187 retweets I'd say only his family and friends ;D saw it...

Remius said:

Ohhhh yeahhh brother! (*Macho Man" Randy Savage voice*)

[quote author=PuckChaser]
[/quote]

Nope.

I predict we'll see some TrudeaTears on TV when the PMO realizes their nothing to see here tactics aren't working.

Back