• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question Regarding Trades That Aren't Open Till April

RecruitInWaiting said:
...applied a week or two ago? I went in September and was told to come back in April; I went in the first day they're open and it's full. They were taking applications in March? What are these shenanigans?
I would've applied in September bud, why wait 7 months?

DavieRocket77 said:
I would've applied in September bud, why wait 7 months?
Because they cut off all combat arms trades within a couple weeks of each other in 2009, ~2-3 weeks before I had gone in to apply. There were multiple threads on here about this -- in fact it's the reason this thread exists "Question Regarding Trades That Aren't Open Till April," because a lot of people are chomping at the bit to get into Combat Arms right now and they've waited half a year or more for it.

RecruitInWaiting said:
...applied a week or two ago? I went in September and was told to come back in April; I went in the first day they're open and it's full. They were taking applications in March?

Positions become available throughout the year. The Forces recruit on an as-needed basis. As an example of this, your Platoon in BMQ will include people from a wide range of NCM Careers, as everyone in NCM roles go through BMQ.

Since the Forces recruit throughout the year, when positions come up they are available for a short time, as interest in Forces careers is high. So I recommend checking back with a recruiter (Usually the online Chat is easiest since you can chat from any computer) and ask if your preferred career is open about once every 2 weeks, since availability can change in that short a period of time. Have your Online application completed and saved, and the moment you hear your career is available, submit your application.

Latrine2 said:
......... Have your Online application completed and saved, and the moment you hear your career is available, submit your application.

Don't forget to print your Online application, as that is the official one that the CFRC requires.  The Online application is only a template.

Latrine2 said:
So I recommend checking back with a recruiter (Usually the online Chat is easiest since you can chat from any computer) and ask if your preferred career is open about once every 2 weeks, since availability can change in that short a period of time. Have your Online application completed and saved, and the moment you hear your career is available, submit your application.

Would it not be better to apply, complete the entire process, and be ready for a job offer, rather than wait to hear that a trade is open this week, and start the 2-6 month process of applying?

Im applying for Crewmen, and even though it looks as though its closed today, by the time my application is complete, 2-6 months from now, the hiring numbers will be very different across the board.  Not saying I'll get exactly what I want, but just because one of the trades I want is closed is no reason to not apply at all and get the ball rolling.

Lare said:
Would it not be better to apply, complete the entire process, and be ready for a job offer, rather than wait to hear that a trade is open this week, and start the 2-6 month process of applying?

Im applying for Crewmen, and even though it looks as though its closed today, by the time my application is complete, 2-6 months from now, the hiring numbers will be very different across the board.  Not saying I'll get exactly what I want, but just because one of the trades I want is closed is no reason to not apply at all and get the ball rolling.

Sound reasonning, BUT... they won't process your file until it's open. There you go.

TimBit said:
Sound reasonning, BUT... they won't process your file until it's open. There you go.
This. I have only proceeded with my application process in the manner that was indicated by members of the Kingston CFRC. In this case, I was specifically told not to submit paper work until April.

so i phoned first thing this morning to the officer that interviewed me and was informed that there are 57 spots open for marine electrician and that my papers are probably in the process of being drafted for an offer so hopefully in the next couple of weeks i'll be able to come back and say that i got my offer ;D

Well I talked to the online recruiter today asking about atis tech positions and he told me there are some openings and that I should call my center to check. So I called but they told me that they are still waiting on the positions list next week. And I see some people here say that some openings are already released like 57 marine techs. My best guess is that they release them in chunks at a time and perhaps still in the process of releasing some for atis tech.

Judging by no activity in this thread, I am guessing most trades numbers are now posted in recruiting centers and applicants are getting recruited. I myself received a call saying my basic training is on September 7th.

Manticure said:
Judging by no activity in this thread, I am guessing most trades numbers are now posted in recruiting centers and applicants are getting recruited. I myself received a call saying my basic training is on September 7th.
Congratulations Manticure, just wondering when and where you first applied? also what trade did you get? thanks

I got a call for Field Artillery today (April 14). And i start my BMQ on September 7th as well. Their sending me to Borden for my training. I applied in late November of 09

Got the call a few minutes ago, accepted a job off for Armoured Soldier. My BMQ starts September 6th!!!!

DavieRocket77 said:
Congratulations Manticure, just wondering when and where you first applied? also what trade did you get? thanks
I applied for ATIS tech last august.

Back