• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions on Testing Methods in the CF

militarygirl88

Inactive
Reaction score
hey, i have a question on the Method of Testing and Recruiting for the CF...
Last year i took the Aptitude Test in August i failed that, it was for a co-op program, well i took it again in Novemer 04, and qualified for everything i needed to be qualified for, that all said in done i continued with the other parts past all but fit test, so i decided to wait till this year to do the co-op...i went in to my local recruitment center yesterday and they told my i no longer qualify for the trades that are my co-op..they are trying to get me into the Reg as a Comm RSCH, Vehicle Tech, or MRS but i need a waiver of sorts, or into my co-op as a Supply Tech.....anyways my question is why now would i not be qualified for my trades, i know that my eyesight is part of the reason for not being allowed to go in as a Combat Engineer, but why would that affect my other qualifications??? any help on this would be great thanks in advance
Kate :cdn: :salute:

It's rather hard to comment, as we don't know your case specifics.

One possible answer is eyesight, which you allude too.  The standards were changed back in June 2005.
They became more strict. It's possible you no longer meet the new vision requirement for some trades,
even if you did back in 2004.

the Medic i spoke with told me i couldnt be a Combat Engineer, becuase of my eyesight, but the other trade in my co-op is Infantry, he didnt say anything about that, but they are trying to get me into other trades, however i wanted to be a Combat Engineer, and i understand that i cant...but im not the only one they have screwed over in this way, it makes me seriously consider really travelling to the US and joining up there....

but im not the only one they have screwed over in this way, it makes me seriously consider really travelling to the US and joining up there....
How by applying the entrance standards?  Need a ride?

The only difference between Infantry and Combat Engineer minimum medical categories is the colour vision
category.  CV3 for Infantry, but CV2 for Engineer.  Both require a visual acuity of V3.  If your below that,
you can't be either one.

If that's not the answer, then your problem isn't with the medical portion.

no ride needed, kincanuk...and i was refering to a friend of mine who got in but was screwed over by the Medics at Borden, im not going to get into his details, cuz thats not my place to do so.....

thanks old medic, i think i have the answer i was looking for, from your last reply...thanks again
:salute:

Back