• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Training Scheduled??

PrairieThunder said:
There are people sworn in at the beginning of April, they will not get on BMQ this summer.

Hate to break it to you, but not always the case. The Reserves are a wacky and wonderful world of back door connections, front door knocking, and upside down "why are you on the ceiling, and how did you get on  this course" nonsense.

I'll give a solid example, several years back when I first joined, sworn in in June, on basic in July in NS, BSOTC in Wainwright in August. I received less then 24 hours notice that I was course loaded and was told if I was able to get to the unit within 6 hours, they'd have me on a course the next day and sure enough it happened.

Soo honestly to all inquiring, in the reserves? Anything is possible... ::)

NSDreamer said:
Hate to break it to you, but not always the case. The Reserves are a wacky and wonderful world of back door connections, front door knocking, and upside down "why are you on the ceiling, and how did you get on  this course" nonsense.

I'll give a solid example, several years back when I first joined, sworn in in June, on basic in July in NS, BSOTC in Wainwright in August. I received less then 24 hours notice that I was course loaded and was told if I was able to get to the unit within 6 hours, they'd have me on a course the next day and sure enough it happened.

Yes, that is true as well. My sister is patiently waiting. But she's one of those people that of nothing comes for a month, she starts all these weird projects and things.

NSDreamer said:

I sure hope they do that to me, although I think I need to set a date to stop waiting, I don't want to spend my whole summer next to the phone waiting for it to ring haha.

NSDreamer said:

+1

Was sworn in March of last year and off to BMQ the end of June.  There was space so I got shoved into it.

ETA: I've seen people sworn in on a Thursday and starting a weekend course the very day after, too. You don't know until someone tells you you're doing it.

What does SQ stand for? I did search just could not seem to find the answer.

bcperson said:

For courses, SQ means Soldier Qualification - the course as been changed and renamed to BMQ-Land though(happened a few years ago).

bcperson said:

SQ is the old name for BMQ Land.  It switched a long time ago, but people still are using the old name.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. So last question for now, this is for both regular and reserve?

bcperson said:
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. So last question for now, this is for both regular and reserve?

Yes?

I could be wrong, mind you, but SQ/BMQ(L) should be mandatory for all hard army trades.

NinerSix said:
Yes?

I could be wrong, mind you, but SQ/BMQ(L) should be mandatory for all hard army trades.

There was an SQ in Gagetown this June run with both reg/reserve personnel, mix of trades.

Back