• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

I called the London CFRC today to see if there was any new information for those of us selected but there was none. My file manager then said that she had just received the results from the second round of selections. So that's good news to those of you waiting to hear back from the second round...you should find out soon (well the people around London will at least). She then went on to say that in the near future, after all the offers have been sent out and accepted I should find out what eactly will be happening this summer. That's all I was told. But good luck to those awaiting offers from the second round of selections! I look forward to hearing your good news.

Hey guys -- I spoke with my File Manager on Monday. It seemed like she had the results as well, but put me on hold for about five minutes, came back and said that she cannot release any information to me until sometime next week, or the following week, due to budget changes.

It seams like the Budget change is the source of our problem.... I wonder what have really changed ..

Yea... it really only amounts to another few days of waiting, and hoping. At this point, either way that it goes I will be ok -- I just want a result so I can plan accordingly. I will do DEO when I complete my degree, but ROTP would be a much more convenient option.

I received and accepted my offer this morning for ACSO.  My name starts with "C", so hold tight all you Zzotas.

Everyone in the Toronto area who was selected in the second selection should start getting phone calls next week ...  there wasn't that many more selected though, so good luck everyone.

Otis

With the second round offers going out, will this mean that we should be receiving our info packages soon ?
I am accepted for Civi University here in Montreal but my file manager has no idea when the swearing in
dates will be available or if I have to attend a prep course.

Your swearing in date will vary by recruiting center, but the general consensus from most is that they aim for last week of July. Not sure what you mean by prep course but you will attend RMC for two weeks August 15-28 for Orientation. Arrive August 14th. Joining Instructions for both RMC cadets and Civy U Cadets are on the RMC website.

By prep course I did mean orientation.
I have been to the RMC website and read up on the joining
instructions. Thanks huggle67 for posting the link to the RMC page.
Everything seems to indicate that I will be attending orientation therefor,
I will plan my vacation for those last 2 weeks of August.
As for the recruiting center, I will just have to wait for confirmation I guess.

hmm when I got the call, I was told I would be heading to St-Jean between the 8th and 22nd of August. Well I guess I will find out for sure when I head in to sign everything.

Have more people going the civi university route been called and given additional info on the joining process.
Or have people received an information package through the mail.
I will be calling my recruiting center next week to see whats happening.

Civi U and still have not gotten any extra info either by mail, phone, email, carrier pigeon, or errand boy hehehe

Hey -- I spoke with my File Manager last week. More info coming everyones way in about one more week -- I would say wait until Thursday or Friday to call your File Manager, and even then, I'm not sure if more will be released. Although on the other hand, your at a different spot -- I'm still waiting for the final releases from the second round of selection, but I would bet they won't send out info packages until everyone from the second round has heard back. Cheers.

by chance has anyone heard back about info packages or gotten an e-mail, from their recruitment center as CFRC Toronto?

I haven't heard anything from CFRC Toronto and I have not received an info package as of yet. All I received was a letter stating I was accepted.

At least you have received a letter. My file manager told me the other week that he had no idea when
I would receive one. So I also don't have my swearing in date.
I won't panic. He told me to be patient. So I will.

you know how you hear a few ppl saying that they didnt get in because of medical BS 

I'm starting to think its good they didnt and the reason is this: If someone with any sort of heart related medical issues has to wait like we have been just to get dates...I think their heart might explode. Everytime I check this thread i think my blood pressure rises and i'm healthy.  Geeze

Hey I just got into ROTP for the 2010/11 school year. I will be going to Carleton for Engineering. It would be nice to meet you guys in Augest at IAP or in sept in Ottawa.

Back