• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

2010newbie said:
I am attending civilian university. I am just as close to Trenton as I am to Borden and I am closer to Toronto than either of those. I don't know where the ULO's are located, but Borden being the closest doesn't make sense. It was my impression that I was to meet the ULO at the Toronto CFRC and then head to Borden until school starts.

Ya, not much of that makes any sense to me. I figure your ULO would be in Toronto if that is closest to your school.  Maybe they are doing things differently because you are swearing in earlier than many of us...

Congrats mathabos!

macknightcr said:
I am going to be moving back to Canada 14 July and will not be able to carry everything I will need to take with me to school.  Does anyone know if I can mail needed items to the CMR campus before I arrive? and if so what would the address be? 

Thanks in advance.

Try searching this link I know I saw it some where on there.

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp

"Most of the time you will be wearing uniforms which will be issued to you. You may want to consider having some of the items that you want to bring with you shipped to RMCC after you have completed FYOP. A good rule of thumb is that if you cannot keep your personal item(s) in your room, then leave it (them) at home, as storage space is limited."

Good page to check out for more detailed info about everything we will be doing in the next while.
Hope it helps

Does someone mind posting the list of items we are required to bring to the swearing in. And also do you know if we have to bring our high school transcript. I'm being sworn in on July 14 at CFRC Toronto, and i just finished grade 12.

320102 said:
Does someone mind posting the list of items we are required to bring to the swearing in. And also do you know if we have to bring our high school transcript. I'm being sworn in on July 14 at CFRC Toronto, and i just finished grade 12.

Bring ID (photo), bring your SIN card, since you're swearing in July 14th, you must be ROTP, therefore yes, we need your final transcripts.

Finally received my swearing in date.
July 29th at the Montreal recruiting center.
Looking forward to see some of my fellow cadets.

Alright So I just finally got told where and what I will be doing this summer for training. Recruit Camp is 14 to the 28 of Augest at RMC even if you are going to civi university like me.

anenggcam said:
Alright So I just finally got told where and what I will be doing this summer for training. Recruit Camp is 14 to the 28 of Augest at RMC even if you are going to civi university like me.

Not trying to be a douche, but I'm pretty sure this was covered awhile back.....like 10 pages back (over exaggeration). And as well, it was put up on the RMC website under joining instructions almost a month ago. 

fanman said:
Not trying to be a douche, but I'm pretty sure this was covered awhile back.....like 10 pages back (over exaggeration). And as well, it was put up on the RMC website under joining instructions almost a month ago. 

The RMC dates are not the same as what i got and the dates that are available on line are on the CMR website and not the same as what i got.

The RMC dates are exactly the same as what you got. Quoting from the joining instructions on the site "When you arrive at RMCC, you will be required to participate in a 14 day recruit camp from 15-28 august.......... You are required to arrive on Saturday, 14 August 2010 between the hours of 8am and 11pm."

Hi Guys

The recruit camp date that I received initially via post, then my my CFRC and then after meeting with my ULO were all different so I understand what your saying anenggcam. After showing my ULO the letter he realized that I was slated to attend both camps on different documents, but now after calling up to Borden he informed me almost certainly that I would be attending the RMC Recruit Camp in Kingston. It's been quite confusing process figuring this one out though.

I see that the question has been asked but not definitively answered. Will we be doing the express test during the two weeks we are there or will we be doing it at the beginning of BMOQ? Please refer to the Checklist for Civilian U Cadets it says to have a physical fitness plan. Are there any camp instructors or members who went through Recruit Camp who  know?

Thanks for your help!

CF express should be sometime during orientation camp, for RMC students the PPT test is like the first week of classes.

nic.f said:
I see that the question has been asked but not definitively answered. Will we be doing the express test during the two weeks we are there or will we be doing it at the beginning of BMOQ? Please refer to the Checklist for Civilian U Cadets it says to have a physical fitness plan. Are there any camp instructors or members who went through Recruit Camp who  know?

Thanks for your help!

You'll do the express test at the recruit orientation and during your BMOQ the following year.  FYI on most career courses be prepared to do the express test at the beginning and you'll be fine  for your career.

C. Beaulieu said:
Does anyone know when the swearing-in ceremony is for the Hamilton RC?????

I would recommend calling your RC for the most accurate information.  They'll be able to answer your question. :)

Thanks for your response.

I'm confident in all of the areas other than the push ups. I can only do one. I've started training this week to try and build up the strenght in my triceps, but am concerned that I won't be ready in a couple weeks to sucessfully complete 11 push ups. Without a doubt I can excell in the other aspects of the test. What is the normal procedure if one fails an piece of the test? I read that because it is orientation you are given a warning if you don't pass the express test and are expected to work on it ( I'm a Civ U OCDT) until BMOQ next summer; at this point you will be retested. Can any one please advise if this is accurate? This is years of ignoring my triceps and my chest come back to haunt me! Before anyone decides to chastise me about joining the CF without being able to done push up. I should say I am very dedicated to succeeding with the CF and have recognized this shortcoming and will not give up inntil I over come it!

nic.f said:
I'm confident in all of the areas other than the push ups. I can only do one. I've started training this week to try and build up the strenght in my triceps, but am concerned that I won't be ready in a couple weeks to sucessfully complete 11 push ups. Without a doubt I can excell in the other aspects of the test. What is the normal procedure if one fails an piece of the test? I read that because it is orientation you are given a warning if you don't pass the express test and are expected to work on it ( I'm a Civ U OCDT) until BMOQ next summer; at this point you will be retested. Can any one please advise if this is accurate? This is years of ignoring my triceps and my chest come back to haunt me! Before anyone decides to chastise me about joining the CF without being able to done push up. I should say I am very dedicated to succeeding with the CF and have recognized this shortcoming and will not give up inntil I over come it!

I think you just gave yourself the focus of this whole message, don't worry about if you have the test or not.  Prepare as if you do and work as hard as you can to succeed for the Orientation.  Check out this site, I'm currently doing it. http://www.hundredpushups.com/test.html  Good luck but if you do what this site asks then you should be okay by mid august easily.  Hope it helps.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm going to train like I have the test and hopefully am able to hit the benchmark! I will definitely look into this program! Thank you for sharing and good luck!

You will be surprised at how many you can do when you have no other choice.  Your body will do it if you have the mental toughness.  Work on the program, I have done it a couple times and it really does work.  Do your best, and don't let yourself fail. 

nic.f, I'm in the exact same place as you. I'm awful at push-ups, but I started that program a couple of days ago and I can all ready feel improvement.

Back