• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Chat is kinda laggy this morning, but the forums seem fine

PMedMoe said:
Back to normal for me now!  8)
PMM normal?  ;D

Still very sluggish here (whine, whine, whine) ... WINE !!!!  Now there's an idea!

Interestingly my home connection was knocked offline for a while - looking at the logs on my router I saw hundreds of different IP addresses hitting three ports seconds apart (if that):  65265 (UDP); 52094 (TCP); and 2638 (UDP).

Depending on who Mike's upstream comes from, it may be they were under siege as well.  I suspect the slowness may be due to the upstream getting saturated.

Wasn't able to get on at all for the past 3 days...just got on about 2 hours ago.  It's fine now though in Winnipeg.

Yep, it's all wonky again.  Not quite as slow as it was earlier today, but still slow.

Slow for me, and icons no/slow loading....

The site is painfully slow today - in all four iterations (milnet.ca, army.ca, navy.ca air-force.ca).

Slow enough that I'm giving up on it for today.

CDN Aviator said:
Same here. So slow in fact, that i think the internet is de-inventing itself.

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a site could have a few kinks or equipment problems, resulting in slow logging on or down loading.

On occasion I couldn't log on or the connection was so slow, I timed out. But it never happens with really big sites like BANKS, LOTO QUEBEC etc., I wonder why ?.

We have 17,350 +/- members, and if we each sent "MIKE" a dollar, I'm sure he could really upgrade  this site.

Maybe we could start a drive with a "Accumulated Total Thermometer" and a little Loonie symbol beside our Name on the Members list and posting ID ?. And before you say, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, a MO for Membership will be in the mail Monday (its about time).

Cheers.

Last night in Brandon I could not log on, the site would time out.  Today it is still very slow especially loading icons.

Back