• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shame list-Boycott Certain CF Unfriendly Places?

Roger

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there a shame list or do not buy list on this sight, and if not what do you all think of having one?

I think that it would serve no good purpose:

People get mad or disagree with another‘s rightful opinion and throw them on the "shame list." And there you go, the poor person is screwed for the rest of thier time here.

:cdn: J. Lightfoot :cdn:

I was thinking more of stores and suppliers, not individuals. But I agree with you Hulk, if it was people there would no end.

That's OK Hulk, I did not explain myself. A good example is the stores or banks that would not let the Legion sell there poppies, or Concordia in Montreal declared itself a military free zone, hence you cannot walk in the building in uniform.

You would have to supply a contact as well as your complaint so that the sight can check to see if it is a legit post.

http://www.varsity.utoronto.ca/archives/118/mar02/news/concordia.html

Never mind - Concordia wasn‘t actually declared such, were they?

Dumbass university students; the Militia pays pretty competitive wages plus looks great on a resume...

Students at Concordia University have a history of opposing the military‘s presence on their campus. In a March 1984 referendum, students voted to designate the university a "military free zone." The student union also has a resolution declaring all of its space military-free.

But Concordia‘s acting dean of students says the university has no obligation to follow student union policies.

"Our role is to respect every association, even if not everyone agrees with the ideas they hold," he said. "If the [student union] or other students don‘t like the army doing recruiting here, there are others that may be interested in it and the university has to consider them too."

Maybe the government should pull all their funding like in the states...I bet the students would love that....

"Umm...we don‘t like what you stand for, but give us money anyways."

Why oh why oh why do we put with those people!? Saying you don‘t like war is one thing, but this...

Can some one not educate those F#@&!&G children properly?! What are those teachers teaching them?!

That is why I thought of the shame list. There is not only Concordia, but also the bank of Nova Scotia refused to have the Legion sell poppies.

We could call it the Army wall of shame.

Obviously Concordia watches too much US TV and CNN and have no idea about what Canadian soldiers do.

One thing we have is numbers, if all military refuse to deal with a certain company maybe we can change how they do business.

I really wonder where their heads are. F#@&!&G students.

I think the shame list is a good idea in a limited number of cases. But in this case I don‘t know if the students are to blame or the teachers.

Lets not forget.Whoever thought of sending our engineers to Macedonia with NO personel sidearms for protection.
They had to borrow from the FRENCH Army pick axe handles.

Originally posted by Slim:
[qb] I think the shame list is a good idea in a limited number of cases. But in this case I don‘t know if the students are to blame or the teachers. [/qb]
I do not know who is to blame, maybe they did it because they saw Army‘s invading country‘s and they did not agree and this was one of the only things they could do, but it brings debate and maybe this will bring change.

In the case of Concordia it‘s more than likely not the majority of the students (who are probably like most undergrads for the most part apathetic) nor the faculty.

In this case, based on the info posted, I‘d say it‘s the small minority of self-rightous, self serving individuals who run the student union.

I saw the same thing at MUN (Memorial University of Newfoundland) in the 1980‘s. Some self important twits got on their high horse about the CF advertising in the student newspaper the MUSE. This at a university that technicaly is Canada‘s largest War Memorial. I guess someone neglected to tell them what the "Memorial" part of MUN was for.

You can‘t argue with these ijits, trust me I‘ve tried and just raises your blood pressure. Just hope that they spend some much time protesting (usually on mummy and daddy‘s dime) that they forget to breed and otherwise further dilute the gene pool.

Besides remember it‘s their right to protest. They just kind of forgot who ensured and preserves that right.

OK that‘s my rant for the day. :)

When I did poppy sales, I would always go to Horny Tims. They give us free hot chocolate!

J. Lightfoot

as with concordia... It started after the riot at the university when students were protesting the speech given by Benjamin Netanyahu. The police were involved, gassing, the whole bit... The CSU (Concordia Student Union) was at the time was mainly Isreal-supporters, and therefore called in the MUC police to help with the situation. When they realized what happened, then they rallied the dean and the administration to make concodia an "Non-militarized zone" meaning that no solider on active duty can be on university grounds..

now that having been said.. i find it to be Bravo-Sierra. i‘m not in university yet, but i am planning on attending Concordia when i graduate from CEGEP and get some money. A few of my friends have already protested against this action, but it seems that to "undeclare" the school a NMZ is harder then to declare it...

When they realized what happened, then they rallied the dean and the administration to make concodia an "Non-militarized zone" meaning that no solider on active duty can be on university grounds...
...and I would like to see them stop a soldier on duty from performing his orders.

The Concordia student body has not done itself any favours by inventing this "NMZ". The next time that they pull their Middle Eastern shenanigans and it gets so out of hand the the police are forced to call in the army it won‘t be pretty. Reasons: The soldiers will be told in their orders about this "NMZ" and it will piss us off and give us something to prove. The student body will only get more vilolent in their protests upon seeing soldiers, resulting in the soldiers taking it up a notch, you get where I‘m going.

For now there is no point in getting bent out of shape, there are too many tree huggers out there if you get POed by all of them you‘ll have a hart attack by 30. And McGill checks are hotter and and more "friendly", enough said.

Does the Bank of Nova Scotia really refuse to sell poppies? I hadn‘t heard that, and I can‘t remember if I saw a box there in November.

University student protestors are for the most part idiots. Some are really sincere and actually educate them about issues and discuss their opinions in a respectful manner. Then there are those who get people to show up to protests with promises DJ‘d parties afterwards.

I‘d like to see them try that at Carleton. There‘s a ton of Foot Guards there. When I was in Residence you‘d see a Reservist in the cafeteria all the time before heading out.

There was a few banks that refused the Legion from selling poppies in and arround Montreal, but after some negative press and phone calls they decided to let them back in.

Back