• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tan berets and other CANSOFCOM, JTF, and CSOR fashions [1st split: CSOR]

Hey I have a question regarding headress. If I make it thru selection and am accepted into the unit will I as a sailor be able to wear the beret with my 1A's or will I have to wear my 20lb, drives into your forehead until your head feels like it's going to explode peak cap, and if I am allowed to wear the beret, will I have to put an anchor on it or will there be a cap badge for the regiment. If these questions have been answered already sorry bout that, let me know and i will look harder. Thanks
Feet :cdn:

If you make it thru selection, and finish the course...The answer will be obvious to you.

Until then, only worry about the million bites of info you will have to learn to become part of the unit.

As for the capbadge, its been answered in a different thread. (there is no regt cap badge at this time)

Feet, I wouldnt bet the farm on this, but I had heard that sailors will be stuck with  peak caps, but you will be given a tan hat band to hang your anchor on.

Hey AM you raise a very good point, none of that matters if I don't make it thru selection right? Thanks.
Feet :cdn:

I think the tan beret looks pretty sharp!!

060818a0403a006lt4.th.jpg

Wow the Regiment has only been "official" for 8 days and there already doing foreign jumps :o

and your right jranrose, they don't looks to shabby at all.......... ;D

I believe that this took place at the FSSF reunion in Helena, MT.

http://news.soc.mil/releases/06AUG/060821-01.html

RELEASE NUMBER: 060821-01
DATE POSTED: AUGUST 21, 2006

Special Forces Soldiers honor First Special Service Force vets at 60th reunion

U.S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs Office

HELENA, Mont. (USASOC News Service, Aug. 21, 2006) – U.S. Army Special Forces Soldiers paid tribute to more than 80 surviving veterans of the First Special Service Force, a World War II special operations outfit to which they trace their commando lineage, during that unit’s 60th reunion here Aug. 17-19.

The FSSF, a unique American and Canadian combined force, was activated in July 1942 at Fort William Henry Harrison here and saw heavy action in Italy and southern France before its deactivation in December 1944. 

With representatives from all seven U.S. Army Special Forces groups and the U.S. Army Special Forces Command present, the Green Berets – joined by their Canadian Special Forces colleagues – provided interpretive equipment displays, parachute jump demonstrations, and participated in all FSSF remembrance activities during the three-day reunion.

The FSSF is recognized as the predecessor of the U.S. Army’s Special Forces groups, the first of which stood up in 1952 and based much of its original doctrine on the FSSF’s experiences.

On Aug. 17, the reunion’s first day, Force veterans and their families toured Fort Harrison by bus, visiting their old training grounds and watching static-line parachute demonstration jumps by U.S. and Canadian Special Forces Soldiers using a CH-47 Chinook helicopter.  The Soldiers took the opportunity to use each other’s parachute equipment, and later held a foreign jump wing exchange ceremony.  The Soldiers also displayed some of their military equipment for the veterans and answered numerous questions about their gear’s advanced technology.

Cool.... a sapper is front row!

Chimo!
err... geronimo!
err....whatever :)

what?... A sapper?

we're talking of a big ticket item here.
though we look a little scruffy and our upkeep is relatively inexpensive, we have a tendency to take things apart and blow things up when they don't want to come apart easily ;)

I want a sapper. Actually, I want two, specifically SemperFidelis & Hostile1. Have them wrapped and sent to me immediately.

You can't have them. They're mine, and I'm not finished with them yet.

Hatchet Man said:
Why?  If your not in the unit what does it matter?

Come on... he said don't flame me and you come back at him with an attack (albeit it a mild one, but still)

Knowing army.ca  if there was even a prototype of a common badge... it would have already been
leaked here  ;D

Trinity said:
Come on... he said don't flame me and you come back at him with an attack (albeit it a mild one, but still)

Knowing army.ca  if there was even a prototype of a common badge... it would have already been
leaked here  ;D

Thanks trinity, thats all i wanted to hear :)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Lighten up, Francis.....

I am light, I wasn't specifically going after trakalo (I could've but I didn't), I was stating in the broad sense, if you're (everyone not in CSOR, and I just noticed my earlier grammatical error) not in CSOR what does it matter if they have a cap badge yet, the tan beret is enough to id them.

Hatchet Man said:
I am light, I wasn't specifically going after trakalo (I could've but I didn't), I was stating in the broad sense, if you're (everyone not in CSOR, and I just noticed my earlier grammatical error) not in CSOR what does it matter if they have a cap badge yet, the tan beret is enough to id them.

Well, you quoted trakalo so I'd say you were going after him. He had a simple question for which a "not at this time"  or "no known plans for one" answer or something would have sufficed instead of showing your ignorance. And going by your logic, your not in CSOR so why answer to begin with?  And the tan beret you see on someone's melon does not automatically ID them as CSOR.

Back