• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

-Skeletor- said:
Searching around the CANFORGENS/CANLANDGENs and the useless DIN search engine,  I haven't seen any messages regarding the wear of brown boots, outside of a message Gander putout saying the Army is going to a brown boot and showing pictures of the Arid Boots and these new Brown Combat Boots.  Does anyone know if there will be a official message coming out saying we can start wearing brown boots,  or is it just wear them once they are issued and everyone is supposed to know this through word of mouth?

Also,  anyone heard of a brown version of the Wet Weather Boots?

There was an email sent to Supply sections Clothing Stores for furtherance to the Units they supported and also one down from the Army Dress Committee ... our RSM disseminated it to all of us at an O Gp. I'll see if I still have a copy kicking around for you. If not electronic, I'll scan it up into an adobe for you.

(Same email mentions that our green CTS socks are being switched to a grey colour instead of green; and, that effective 30 June 2012, all CTS socks will only be exchanged via clothing online. It also mentions that one may want to go in to get annual top ups of t-shirts, boxers, long undershirt and pants soon too as they too will be moving to clothing online only.

Would be appreciated if you can get me a copy Vern,  thanks.

Just checked Logistik Unicorp and the new SOCKS, TEMPERATE, CF, CHARCOAL GREY as well as the liners and cold weather socks are available,
Sock System – Annual Operational Entitlement Remaining: 5  Also,  no additional points allotted,  still the 210 points a year,  wonder if that will change.

*edit no points needed to get the socks as long as you are within your yearly allotment
Number of pairs issued under Annual Operational Entitlement (no points charged).

Wonder what the reason was to go from green to charcoal grey for our socks was.

With the talk here of non-issue boots/colours, here's a quick comparison of the brown boots I have. Rocky and Swat's are Coyote Brown.

RockyS2Vs, SWATs and issue Arid boots,  the SWATs and Rockys have been worn,  the Arid boots are unused.
cimg0359x.jpg

-Skeletor- said:
Wonder what the reason was to go from green to charcoal grey for our socks was.

So they can be worn with cadpat and DEU. One less sock-type in the system now.

-Skeletor- said:
  Also,  no additional points allotted, 

I just looked at mine, same thing. WTF, you have to use points to replace operational clothing now ??

Nevermind, no points required to order the operational quantity remaining.

CDN Aviator said:
I just looked at mine, same thing. WTF, you have to use points to replace operational clothing now ??

Nevermind, no points required to order the operational quantity remaining.

Not like points actually cost you money though.  :p

I guess perhaps the reasoning is they are now used for both cadpat and DEU. And, most pers never did go in and exchange theirs anyway.

Strike that through after your edit or some good idea fairy will see it and go googly!!  >:D

So, no points until you've already got your 5 sets of each per FY then? I am too lazy to login to logistik. Haven't been on there in a few years now.

ArmyVern said:
So, no points until you've already got your 5 sets of each per FY then? I am too lazy to login to logistik. Haven't been on there in a few years now.

CDN Aviator is right,  they don't cost points as long as you are within your 5 sets for the FY

Just ordered the socks,  and it cost me no points
Number of pairs issued under Annual Operational Entitlement (no points charged).

ArmyVern said:

Yup, no points if ordering within the operational allowance for the item.

I'm ordering a shyteload before i move out of my tier 1 DEU points........

UK forces are adopting a brown boot:

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/07/23/british-armed-forces-get-new-combat-boot/#more-8407

Interestingly:

As part of a contract worth £80m, troops will have the choice of wearing five different boots depending on where they are based and what job they are doing. The five types available are:

Desert Combat – worn by dismounted troops conducting high levels of activity in desert environments exceeding 40 degrees Celsius
Desert Patrol – worn by mounted troops, typically drivers/armoured troops conducting lower levels of activity in desert environments exceeding 40 degrees Celsius
Temperate Combat – worn by dismounted troops for high levels of activity in temperate climates
Patrol – worn by mounted troops, typically drivers/armoured troops conducting lower levels of activity in temperate climates
Cold Wet Weather – worn by dismounted troops for high levels of activity in temperatures down to minus 20 degrees Celsius.

Each of the five boot types comes in two different styles, so personnel can wear whichever one is more comfortable for them.  The improved brown boots will also be made in two different width fittings, taking into account for the first time the different shapes of men and women’s feet.

So doing the math that works out to... 10 boots to choose from depending on the operational requirements.

What do we get? 1 boot. No choices.

And I bet our 1 pair of boots temperate brown boots cost more than £80m.

Well, if its any consolation, you can check the CANAIRGEN site for the info on the NEW brown combat belt.  ;D

What else would you want...matching brown belt and boots!

Minor detail:

Is there a plan for students of CFMPA? I see whole lot of people wearing Mk III/IV while in OPDs at the Academy. Black uniform and brown boots seems a rather poor match, IMHO.

NinerSix said:
Minor detail:

Is there a plan for students of CFMPA? I see whole lot of people wearing Mk III/IV while in OPDs at the Academy. Black uniform and brown boots seems a rather poor match, IMHO.

Might have to be something specific to the Branch to have special black boots procured, but I doubt they looked at that situation.

Eye In The Sky said:
Well, if its any consolation, you can check the CANAIRGEN site for the info on the NEW brown combat belt.  ;D

What else would you want...matching brown belt and boots!

Can you post a pic here?  I need something to laugh at and post to my Aussie co-workers :D

More to the point (?), is someone seriously going to check what colour your belt is while in operational uniform?  Aren't there more pressing concerns?

Oh wait, never mind.  ;)

Dimsum said:
More to the point (?), is someone seriously going to check what colour your belt is while in operational uniform?  Aren't there more pressing concerns?

You haven't gotten the chance to be on Op Attention have you?  ;D

PuckChaser said:
You haven't gotten the chance to be on Op Attention have you?  ;D

No, I sneaked by on Op Athena.  Not to worry, apparently the RAAF and Aus Army RSMs are equally pedantic about colours and patches and things in war zones. 

-Skeletor- said:
Also,  anyone heard of a brown version of the Wet Weather Boots?

Found the answer to my question yesterday while searching on the DIN.  Going by what I read,  this new brown boot is all the Army can expect for new boots for the next few years.  It also looked like they were looking at issuing out NEO overshoes or a similar item instead of Wet Weather Boots.

Also,  the topic of a boot allowance was discussed but
there was no appetite for it
- quoted part is how they answered the boot allowance topic.

-Skeletor- said:
Found the answer to my question yesterday while searching on the DIN.  Going by what I read,  this new brown boot is all the Army can expect for new boots for the next few years.  It also looked like they were looking at issuing out NEO overshoes or a similar item instead of Wet Weather Boots.

I heard that rumour as well that they were going to go to something like the NEOs Adventurer insulated overshoe, since the NEOs are extremely popular and fairly cheap compared to 2 pair of insulated goretex boots.

The NEOs were tested by 2R22eR in Gagetown during the BDE Ex earlier this year.

I dunno how their results were, but I wore a regular set (non-insulated) over my issue desert boots with double socks and was good to go in -25 in Gagetown for my TCCC field ex this winter. I can't imagine how cozy the insulated ones will be. Although, maybe it says something about how warm our desert boots are....

Back