• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

NL_engineer said:
And the funny part is the waitresses will ask anyway  ;D

And, then I'll order. And, then she'll say "why do we bother?"  :)

ArmyVern said:
And, then I'll order. And, then she'll say "why do we bother?"  :)

I'll join you for a meal again, just to here that again  ;D

But it will have to be in a few weeks, when I get back after summer leave  ;D

NL_engineer said:
I'll join you for a meal again, just to here that again  ;D

But it will have to be in a few weeks, when I get back after summer leave  ;D

Well, if it's any consolation - this is my last Friday until the 22nd - after my own leave is done. Whooohooo!! If I even decide to come back from leave.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Well, if it's any consolation - this is my last Friday until the 22nd - after my own leave is done. Whooohooo!! If I even decide to come back from leave.  >:D

Well then I guess I will have to wait 12 days after my leave then  ;D

I guess I'll be packing on a few extra calories this week for a great cause.

Thank you, once again, Tim Horton's for supporting our troops and their families!

Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign to Support the Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre

Tim Hortons Smile Cookies are going on sale for $1 (tax excluded) at the three Oromocto stores from September 22nd to 29th and all proceeds from these special smiling chocolate chunk cookies will go to the Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre (GMFRC).

The GMFRC will use all funds raised through this campaign to enhance their deployment support programs by providing free casual child care to all families experiencing deployment, or to provide extra special prizes for their children’s deployment program.

The Smile Cookie program is a community-oriented sponsorship program that raises funds for local charities across Canada and the United States.

Sounds like a very good idea that the Tim's here in Trenton might come up with? !
I wonder if I should mention it to Tim's or the MFRC.
Thanks Vern...
BYT

I know it is a good cause.... but please for the love of God, think of the baker. And don't be surprised if near the end of the day you start seeing cookies with little angry eyebrows.  :mad:  ;)
(Proceeds from the Timmies I'm at go to the IWK).

Midget

NL_engineer said:
I really should have read the sign, both time I was at Tim's today  ::)

And you didn't bring me a freakin' coffee?  :mad:

(and ... another cookie  :-X )

ArmyVern said:
And you didn't bring me a freakin' coffee?  :mad:

(and ... another cookie  :-X )

Well oooooooops.  But you weren't at your usual place about 1845 last night  8)

NL_engineer said:
Well oooooooops.  But you weren't at your usual place about 1845 last night  8)

Nah, I was home ... working on Lesson Plans ...  :-[

Cookie.jpg

Yes... I really am that easily amused.
:-\
Midget

Good day,  I am on a tasking in Gagetown, and my fiancee is coming up to see me for a weekend.  we are on a budget, where is the cheapest place around that you have stayed in.  How bad was it?  Roach motel? or passable?  We are looking to re-connect, and don't need a whole lot in the way of luxuries.  The other problem, is that we don't drive, so proximity would help.

Have you ever stayed on the base?  Is there single rooms for "rent" or something like that, has anyone done it? Rough cost.. how to go about it.... etc... any help will be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

Army vern is your best bet as that is her base.IM her.

I'm guessing that the hotel situation in Oromocto hasn't changed much.  If you have a vehicle, Fredericton has half decent hotels.  No time to check rates, but The City Hotel is decent (and not too expensive) and has a good restaurant.

Gumby said:
Good day,  I am on a tasking in Gagetown, and my fiancee is coming up to see me for a weekend.  we are on a budget, where is the cheapest place around that you have stayed in.  How bad was it?  Roach motel? or passable?  We are looking to re-connect, and don't need a whole lot in the way of luxuries.  The other problem, is that we don't drive, so proximity would help.

Have you ever stayed on the base?  Is there single rooms for "rent" or something like that, has anyone done it? Rough cost.. how to go about it.... etc... any help will be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

Ask the ACC folks in D-59, you can rent a room for her for about $25/night as long as there is rooms avail IIRC.

Days Inn Oromocto.

A 6 buck cab ride from base. Brand new Hotel --- and is very nice. They've got a pool etc and a restaurant with delicious food. Brunch on the weekends is awesome.

http://www.daysinnoromocto.com/specials_packages.htm

See I told you Vern would know she knows everthing about G'town

Back