• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Spam and Scam Superthread- Merged

Neo Cortex said:
Where can I find one of these wed sites, in a bridal netting? ;)

Sorry, my interpretation of "bridal" is probably different from yours, please explain.

This is one for starters and by the way whats your point.

FastEddy said:

Sorry, my interpretation of "bridal" is probably different from yours, please explain.

This is one for starters and by the way whats your point.

There seems to be some miscommunication; I was trying to make a play on words about the fact that it appears you've misspelled  "web site" in your email (whether intentional or not), by writing "wed site" instead.

Neo Cortex said:
There seems to be some miscommunication; I was trying to make a play on words about the fact that it appears you've misspelled  "web site" in your email (whether intentional or not), by writing "wed site" instead.

Thank you for pointing that out, I guess I didn't do as good a job as I thought proof reading it.

Although, the assumption would normally be "did you mean WEB not WED ??", then I definitely couldn't misconstrue it for something else.

But again, thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

Here's a new one (at least one I haven't received before):

Dear Beloved in Christ,

It is by the grace of God that I received Christ, having known the
truth; I had no choice than to do what is lawful and just in the sight of God
for eternal life and in the sight of man for witness of God & His Mercies
and  glory upon my life.

I am Mrs. Evelyn Alexandra,the wife of Mr.Robert Alexander,both of us are
citizens of the united state of America. my husband worked with the
Chevron/Texaco in Hong Kong for twenty years before he died in the year 2003.
We were married for ten years without a child. My Husband died after a brief
illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we both got
born-again
as dedicated Christians. Since his death I decided not to  re-marry or get a
child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is strongly against.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of 7.5 Million Pounds
(Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) with a Bank in Europe.
Presently,
this money is still with the Bank and the management just wrote me as the
beneficiary that our account has been DORMANT and if I, as the beneficiary
of the funds, do not re-activate the account; the funds will be CONFISCATED
or I rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my
behalf (note that you need to activate this account) as I can  not come
over.

Presently, I'm in a hospital in Hong Kong where I have been undergoing
treatment for esophageal cancer. I have since lost my ability to talk and my
doctors have told me that I have only a few weeks to live. It is my last
wish to
see this money distributed to charity organizations and NGO anywhere in the
World in helping human race.

Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth since my
illness, I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this huge
responsibility to
any of them. Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me  Stand-in as the
beneficiary and collect the Funds from the Bank.I want a person that is
God-fearing who will use this money to fund churches,orphanages and widows
propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is
maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took
this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money
and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I  don't want my
husband's hard earned  money to be misused by unbelievers.

I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly
manner.Hence  the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of
death
since I know where I am going to. I know that I am going to be in the
bossom of
the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14: says that the Lord will fight my case and I shall
hold my peace. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard
because of my soundless voice and presence of my husband's relatives around
me always. I don't want them to know about this development.I await your
quick response to this mail as this is my last wish to see this funds
transferred before my Death.Please my beloved for further communication on
how
we are going to conclude this,Remain Blessed.

Your Sister in Christ,
Mrs. Evelyn Alexandra.
evelynalexandra@lloyds-tsbonline.co.uk

If she doesn't want that money used in an "ungodly" manner, she sure sent it to the wrong person.  >:D

[quote
[/quote]

Well I don,t know about you PMMedMoe, that person is playing a risky game, tempting fate with the "esophageal cancer" bit. Fate has a very strange way of working.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:
[quote

Sounds like Mr. Young is getting confused or pissed off, below is most recent received from him.

Well, I'm sending him "Micheals" suggestion. We'll see what that brings. a copy of that Email will follow on this post (edited).

Mr. Youngs latest reply:

INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY DEPARTMENT 
UNIT 25,TAMAN EMAS PROMIN JAYA MIRI EAST,
PENNANG.MALAYSIA

ORDER NO.: 10194

Attn:(Winner)Dr. I.M. Strange.

Send to me the original slip western union gave to you.
Regards,

Mr. James Young.
Dispatch Agent
Tel:+60164657535
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA.

Cheers.

Copy of Email sent:

Dear Mr Young,

My local Office of Western Union has now advised me that a full investigation has been started and authorities notified that a Fraud may have been committed, in that the receiver of the funds was not authorized to receive said funds.

Western Union stated, that unless the money is returned, they will cease all overseas payments to that office until they clear things up.

I have contacted a Solicitor friend of mine who has advised me that there is sufficient grounds to recover the initial amount in question, costs and punitive damages from Western Union or your Organization.

I would advise you to look closely at certain members of your office as persons or person may be defrauding your organization.

I remain, yours truly,

Dr. I.M Strange.

And he replied:

INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY DEPARTMENT 
UNIT 25,TAMAN EMAS PROMIN JAYA MIRI EAST,
PENNANG.MALAYSIA

ORDER NO.: 10194

Attn:DR.I.M STRANGE

AM IN RECIEPT OF YOUR EMAIL AND FOR THE DELIVERY OF YOUR WINNINGS CHEQUE TO YOU,DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU CAN NO LONGER MAKE THE  PAYMENT OF YOUR DELIVERY FEE AND ALSO FOR FURTHER DELAYS THE PAYMENT CENTER HAS GIVEN ME A CALL THAT THEY CANNOT KEEP YOUR FUNDS ANY LONGER IN THIER SECURITY ACCOUNT,THAT YOUR WINNINGS CHEQUE AND OTHER DOCUMENTS HAVE STAYED TOO LONG,THEY WANT TO RETURN YOUR FUNDS BACK TO THE H.Q,WE ARE SENDING YOU A DISCLAIMERS FORM WHICH YOU WILL FILL AND RETURN TO ME.

BE FOR I CAN SEND YOUR FUNDS BACK TO OUR HEADQAUTERs,SO THEY CAN AS WELL USE IT FOR NEXT YEARS SWIFT STAKE.

Mr. James Young.
Dispatch Agent
Tel:+60164657535
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA.

I had my Malay wife look at the address, first she noted that Penang is spelt wrong, only one N and although the other words are typical Malay no amount of playing with the words brought up a real address. Not that I expected them to be so stupid as to give their real address, but you never know.

Sorry Folks, but it looks like I won't be around for awhile. :clown:

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
441 4th Street NW, Suite 1145S
Washington, DC 20001

Attention: Sir,

We have received instruction from the Police Department ,Home land Security  and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) here in the United States of America to prosecute you over allegations of money laundering and terrorist ($10m usd) related activities to which there is over whelming evidence of your involvement.

Note a copy of this email have been forwarded to the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA POLICE/AUTHORITIES and will be ordered for your immediate arrest.

The need for your urgent prosecution arose from your inability to secure the mandatory Clearance Certificate from the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigeria inspite of several opportunities given to you by the Police Department,Home land Security and FBI.

Inview of the indicting report submitted to the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI has recommended for your immediate prosecution. You have to obtain the required Certificate from EFCC- CHAIRMAN, MRS. FARIDA WAZIRI ON HER EMAIL ADDRESS : mrsfridawaziri2009@yahoo.co.jp and the Cost of the Certificate is $370.00 only

We are giving you notice of service of writ of summons after seven days of receiving this letter by mail. If after the seven days and you are not able to obtain the Certificate to clear yourself before the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI, Legal prosecution will begin immediately.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Your's faithfully,
Attorney General

Eric Holder

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Sorry Folks, but it looks like I won't be around for awhile. :clown:

Bruce, you mean you actually received that in your Email.

By the way I didn't know you had that kind of money. ::)

Cheers.

Yup, and my work email at that. [I think most know where I work]

So another one from someone who's not long for this earth and wishes his wealth to be put to good use.  ::)

I Need Your Assistance‏
Sent: September 26, 2009 10:37:32 AM
To:
Dear friend,

I am Mr Mitchell Lemon but now undergoing medical treatment in London, England.I worked with British Drilling Corporation East London for over a decade I married for fifteen years without a child. my wife died after a brief illness that lasted for two weeks.I vow to use my wealth for the down trodden and the less privileged in the society. Since the doctor had comfirmed my situation that I will not live long I have decided to give out my money to the poor. Deposited the sum of 120 Million (One Hundred and Twenty Million Pounds sterling) with my Bank. Presently, this money is still there. Recently,my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next 15 days due to cancer problem.Though what disturbs me most is my stroke.

Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an individual or better still a God fearing person who will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in.

I want an individual that will use this to fund and provide succor to poor and indigent persons, orphanages, and above all those affected in the Tsunami in far Asia and the Hurricane Katrina Disasters.I understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my relatives are not inclined to helping poor persons and I do not want my hard earned money to be misused or spent in the manner I will not like and I also do not want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason
for taking this bold decision.I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going.I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Almighty.I do not need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health, and because of the presence of my relatives around me always.
I do not want them to know about this development.

with God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank. I will also issue them a letter of authority and change of ownership certificate,that will empower you as the original beneficiary of this fund,through my Lawyer. I want you to always
pray for me. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Whosoever that wants to serve the Almighty must serve him with all his heart and mind and soul and also in truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for an individual for this same purpose.Please assure me that you will act according to my specification herein.Hoping to hear from you at my private email:mrmitchelllemon@9.cn

Thank you and may the Almighty bless you.
God Bless You,
MR MITCHELL LEMON

The funny thing is, when I Google the name, I get this, but his "private email" gets no hits.  However, the email address at the top is apparently a real person.

Also funny is I didn't know there were doctors that could narrow your time of death down to 15 days.  :eek:

PMedMoe said:
So another one from someone who's not long for this earth and wishes his wealth to be put to good use.  ::)

What a loser, wife dies leaving no kids, he has cancer with 15 days to live and a stroke to top it off. It sucks to be him.  ;D

kkwd said:
What a loser, wife dies leaving no kids, he has cancer with 15 days to live and a stroke to top it off. It sucks to be him.  ;D

And apparently is selling real estate in Florida.    ;)

[quote author
[/quote]

Here's another one just Rec'd. Why do these Idiots, think that the amounts in the multi-millions of dollars adds to the inducement or authenticity.

Scam Rec'd:

BUSINESS PROPOSAL‏

Sent: Sat 9/26/09 3:44 AM
To: 

Good day, This message is directed to you for the purpose of a transaction that is worthUS$48,000,000.This transaction is completely legitimate and all legaldocuments will be provided which will cover you and the funds during thecourse of this transaction. I am Eric Elliot by name and i am presently in the Malaysia preciselybecause of this transaction.If you are interested in this transaction,i willadvise you send me an email with the following details: Full Name :Tel Number:Age:Occupation : The reason for these details to be released to me is for me to be sure i amnot corresponding with the wrong person.Note that you are been contactedbecause of your family name and as such,i must be very sure someoneelse is notplaying a fast one on either of us. If you would like to discuss further about this transaction that is in yourfamily name as an inheritance that you will benefit from,give me a call on mynumber:+60164657535 or email me back:webinvestmentsdnbhd1@gmail.com Your response will be highly appreciated at this point because this money hasbeen delayed for too long and i would like to finalize the transaction as soonas possible so that i can go ahead with my other client's issues i have atstake.Best Regards.  Eric Elliot

This thread has everything for someone willing to read it. The messages sent are rife with errors, the replies and nose pulling are entertaining and if those sending the messages ever wise up and find this thread, they'd have a step by step guide to improve their scams.  :-\

Not Likely to happen though. Keep up the posts, I enjoy reading how the exchanges go.

kratz said:
This thread has everything for someone willing to read it. The messages sent are rife with errors, the replies and nose pulling are entertaining and if those sending the messages ever wise up and find this thread, they'd have a step by step guide to improve their scams.  :-\

Not Likely to happen though. Keep up the posts, I enjoy reading how the exchanges go.

If they had the English facility to find this place, they'd have the English facility to clean up their scams.

Here we go again, just Rec'd. This one has a little more finesse to it and they are only asking for $95.00 for handling Fee's. Gee! only $95.00 for 315 Grand, who couldn't resist that.

[quote author=
[/quote]

Rec'd this date:

UNITED NATIONS OFFICEFOR THE COORDINATIONOF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIR.    Good Day,  I am directed to inform you that your payment verification andconfirmations are correct, therefore we are happy to inform you thatarrangements have been concluded to effect your payment as soon as possible.  Due to your long over-due payment which you have been finding it difficultto receive via a Certified Bank Draft issued by the UN Promo, we havearranged your payment through HSBC Bank ATM Card Payment Center, this is aninstruction passed by the United Nations in respect to all over delayedpayment and debt re-scheduling.  We will send you an International Swift ATM Card that has been approved inyour favor with Card Number: 5301236451206002, with valued sum of$315,810.00 USD (Three Hundred and Fifteen Thousand, Eight Hundred andTen USD Only), which you are to use in accessing your fund in any ATMStand/location worldwide and remember that the maximum withdrawal dailylimit is Five Thousand United States Dollars (US$5,000.00).  We have concluded delivery arrangement with the ups courier services.Please note that the UPS courier company is fully insured by NiconInsurance Corporation.  Kindly provide the details below for delivery.  1. Valid Delivery Address.2. Full Names.3. Phone Number.  Please do confirm that you will take responsibility for the cost ofdelivery ($95), so that i will know how to proceed with you. Please beinformed that the delivery will be made to your address in 48 hours(2 days) after our confirmation of this payment for delivery, as you knowthat the delivery fee receipt will be also attached on your paymentdelivery documents to avoid your package being delayed by customs. we advise that you keep your emailaddresses information like password and this notification confidentialuntil your claims have been processed and your funds remitted to you. Thisis part of our security protocol to avoid double claims and unwarrantedabuse of this program by some participants.  Treat urgently and note that your ATM Card isready and available for dispatch to you.    Regards,Dr. James Peterson.
[/quote]

Now I can't understand for the Luv-of-me how or why anyone would fall or be taken in by one of these scams (I know thousands have), not to mention that some of them were professionals and educated people.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:
Now I can't understand for the Luv-of-me how or why anyone would fall or be taken in by one of these scams (I know thousands have), not to mention that some of them were professionals and educated people.

People still buy lottery tickets..............

Bruce Monkhouse said:
People still buy lottery tickets..............

Hey.... I just bought one... i could be a millionaire.... then you'll be sorry you said that about me! MWHAHAHAHAHA  ;)

Back